Web design creator

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by jhinish, Sep 28, 2007.

1. jhinish

Hye every one. Sorry to be a pain but I like how easy it is to wok with Web Design, I made a flash buttom and tryed in insert this button into my pest control web site using Microsoft Expression web. My slight problem is it would not insert? Am I missing a step? or do I have the worng web page editor???

Thanks for any help that will point me in the right direction.
  2. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Hi there, I don't know how much experience you have with web page design so forgive me if I am 'trying to teach my grandmother to suck eggs'

Are you trying to just insert the .swf file into your html? if so this is your problem. Check your web page editor and see if you can find an option to 'insert flash' or similar, this will insert a little code describing the flash object you are trying to put on your web page. Hopefully others may use the same web page editor you use and can advise you on exactly what to do.

A sample of the sort of flash code you need to insert is below - taken from a demo flash advert I created. I know the code looks a bit daunting but most web page editors will create it automatically for you after you supply minimum info (file name its location and the image size)

<OBJECT classid="clsid: D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://active.macromedia.com/flash2/cabs/swflash.cab#version=4,0,0,0" ID=Untitled WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=400>
    <PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="My_Ad.swf">
    <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high>
    <PARAM NAME=loop VALUE=False>
    <EMBED src="My_Ad.swf" loop=false quality=high
    WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=400 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash"
  3. jhinish

Flash button

Hey Doc,

Thank you so much for your reply to my question. The web page editor I am using is called Microsoft Expression Web.

I also have a version of Front Page 2007. I am pretty good at working eith Frontpage 2007 but have never worked with flash anything. Your replay about looking for a flash insert on the editor is something I should have thought of looking for.

I like how the web design works and I am in hopes that I can use it a lot to work on my web site.

I thank you guys for putting up with me.
  4. KD-did

KD-did Staff Member