1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Web creator image loading error

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by gordon31, Apr 9, 2008.

1. gordon31

gordon31

When I try to load a jpg image, created in the art center, into the photorealistic module, the message "error while loading new bit map - file does not exist". The file definitely exists.

What do I need to change for the image to load properly? Any ideas?

2. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

Since i don't own a copy of the webgraphics creator (ahoy matey...)
    i'm not sure this will fix it but you could try saving the .jpg file to your root directory or desktop first and load it from there.
    (something to do with long file and directory names)
    Hope it helps, when in doubt reinstall.
    MD

3. gordon31

gordon31

Thanks for the idea. It didn't solve the problem, but I'll keep long names in mind. I'll reinstall.

Regards Gordon

4. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

To bad but do check back, i'm sure someone on here can help.
    MD

5. gordon31

gordon31

Reloading the software hasn't fixed the problem. The same message comes up when loading a front (or any side) image "error while loading new bit map - file does not exist". Help needed!

6. gordon31

gordon31

Update - this problem only occurs in the photorealistic module. The 3D and Virtual spinning modules accept the jpg images. Problem is, I need the photorealistic module. Ideas still very much needed.

Regards, Gordon 31 but ageing rapidly.

7. KD-did

KD-did

8. gordon31

gordon31

For the record, it looks as though the problem was due to settings in my Mac. For example, I'd never repaired disk permissions using the disk utility.

There is still something weird around my Mac admin permissions but that's not Laughing Bird's problem. Time to move onto a dual core version, I guess!

Thanks to Alex for dealing with this so speedily, and to KD-Did and Marc.

Regards, Gordon

9. a¿ex

a¿ex Staff Member

Thanks.
    Very nice of you to come back here and report the solution of the problem. Often people do not take the time to give those forii back, what they got from them.
    But now other users, who perhaps experience a similar problem, can read up the solution here.