Web 2.0 & Alphabet Edition

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by mamajama, May 27, 2008.

1. mamajama

mamajama

Has anyone purchased these? They appear to have many new elements in them. Many of the previous offers looked like a re-arrangement of the same elements found in other sets, but these templates present some unique "pieces/parts". Feedback...please...:hangin:

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi MamaJamma.

Yes, these are all brand new logos with all brand new logo elements.
    I had such a good time designing them all, I've decided to enhance ALL of the other logo editions as well.

This will be a big task, so I can promise them be completed any time soon, but I'll be adding logo elements and updating the logo templates in all of the past logo editions. I'll then create an update installers so that you'll be able to replace the older logo templates with the newer ones.

In the meantime, I'd love to hear what you (or any others) think of the new logos!

Marc

3. ctabor

ctabor

Marc
    I tried to reply to your announcement but forum won't let me post.
    Can you check my settings?

I just downloaded the new version of logo creator and the alphabet add on, but not sure I actually have TWO products... there is only one shortcut and I don't see any alphabet "options" in my menus anywhere.

Can you direct me and/or make sure I got both downloads--there was only one "key" that came with my receipt, even though both products were listed.

Please help... thanks!
    Christine

4. KD-did

KD-did

Christine, ideally you wouldn't be seeing 2 icons, you would see one icon and you would find a listing for each logo set in the drop down menu "Select a Logo Set". Installing each as a "standalone" would take up much more drive space than necessary.

There isn't anything wrong with your settings the "Announcement" portion of the forum permissions have been limited for use by Admin and Mods only.

5. ctabor

ctabor

Thanks KD...

I opened the application again, and now I see where the choice is.
    I keeps asking me for my key... and I have a feeling it is because I reinstalled.

I think I tried entering it again and it said invalid key... not sure why.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks again!
    Christine

6. KD-did

KD-did

Christine, have you tried manually inserting the key and by cut and paste? Make sure that there is no dash when inserting the key code. Also the key is case sensitive and all letters are uppercase.

7. HRB

HRB

I do not use my credit cards. They tend to get me in trouble...:P Anyways, when will these newer editions be available in the box stores? ie. Frye's, Office Depot etc.
    This is where I have always purchased your products and look forward to the updated versions, I am not happy with the overall cartoony look I get with the software I used today. So yes anyways, I have logo creator 5 and the complete Corporate identity creator, I don't mind spending the money for new versions, just need to know when and where other than online. Thanks!

8. aricross

aricross

The Web 2.0 Edition sounds nice, has anyone purchased this and found it useful?

9. Darrin

Darrin

I tried to purchase both since last night. Digital River sight keeps hanging up. :(

10. johnlitton

johnlitton

MegaPak 5.0 w.5,1 Upgrade

Love your work!

Is there an 'upgrade' price to purchase both the NEW 'Aplhabet' and 'Web 2.0' Collections?

Also, I saw your comment on upgrading other collection images and always want to assure I have the latest and greatest. Please make upgrading to your existing client base as a first notify with discounts available to us as well. It keeps us from checking out the competition ...

(Okay, yes I do realize the competition pales in comparison, but we need you to keep us happy too!)

11. Darrin

Darrin

Couldn't Check out in Safari

Ended up being not able to check out using safari. Used firefox and worked fine. Go figure that one.

12. Mr Laughingbird

HRB:
    As of now, no plans to make the Web 2.0 or The Alphabet collection part of retail. Perhaps in the future? Don't know.

aricross:
    Yes, anybody out there reading this, if you've created a logo with either of the new sets - please feel free to post them!

Darrin:
    Really? What version of Safari did you use? The new v3.0 is excellent. However, As much of an Apple fan as I am ... I use Firefox for most everything. Glad to hear all is (now) well.

johnlitton:
    No upgrade price so to speak John. The two sets aren't really upgrades. However, I am offering a discount if you purchase both sets:
    http://www.thelogocreator.com/TLC_Web20_Alphabet_Mailer2_May2008.html

... there. I think I covered this thread so far :D
    :image24:

13. Darrin

Darrin

It seems to work ok now.

Safari 3.1.1
    I tried several times throughout the day and it would hang at "place secure order". Finally launched safari and it worked. But then right now I went to see if I could reproduce the problem again in safari and it worked this time.

Maybe it was just some server issues with digitalriver for a bit.

14. Mr Laughingbird

Had to be server issues.

I'll check with DigitalRiver on this. I was hit pretty hard once the sale was announced. I actually crashed for 10 minutes on Tuesday morning. I had to reset the server!

:helpnow:

15. IrinaW

IrinaW

Mega Pak

Hi

I´ve just bought the $129,95 MegaPak with "all of the above sets in one". But I just can´t seem to find the Web 2.0 and the Alphabet Edition.

As a LogoCreator 5 user it was really these two new products I wanted. But I thought it would be easier to have them included in one (MegaPak 5.2) program.

Can anyone guide me so I can find the Web 2.0 and the Alphabet Edition in my "all-above-sets-included-in-one" Logo Creator Mega Pak?

IrinaW

16. KD-did

KD-did

Unfortunately Web 2.0 and the Alphabet Edition are not yet included in the Mega Pack. The price will increase on the Mega Pack by $50 when it is included.

17. IrinaW

IrinaW

What? So basically all I did was to spend 129,95 on a program I´ve already bought.
    The text "-All of the above sets in one mega - easy to install product.." is just a confidence trick?
    Well,:image16:on me...
    Once again proves that you have to be mighty careful when buying from the internet.

18. Mr Laughingbird

Hi IrinaW.

I'm sorry to hear this.
    Tell you what, PM me your Order Confirmation number so I can look up your account.

I do have a note on the MegaPak information page mentioning that the new sets are not yet included, but apparently, its not well shown. I will correct this.

Also, when the new sets are integrated into the MegaPak, I'll be increasing the price of the MegaPak.

http://www.thelogocreator.com/joomla/logo-collections/megapak-logo-collection.html

19. IrinaW

IrinaW

Hi Marc
    I have sent a PM to you. I was so happy when I saw the text "all above included" that I desided to buy the complete version, even if I allready bought an earlier version of this program. Just to have these two new programs included in my LogoCreator5.0

It´s a wonderful program and I use it everyday. All work with resize pictures, add text in pics etc etc that normally needs a complicated vector based program to still be good looking after resize, is done in a few seconds with my LogoCreator5.0

It´s the optimal program for quick and professional work. Therefore my huge disapointment learning that the Web 2.0 and Alphabet wasn´t included after all...
    I completely missed any information about the excluded 2 programs. I went to http://www.thelogocreator.com/order.htm and read the "More info" on these two new programs. Went back and scrolled down to MEGAPAK Collection reading the "all included"-text and hit the "Buy Now" button really quick. Didn´t need to learn more about the LogoCreator5 as I use it daily for allmost all of my work with pictures.

20. Mr Laughingbird

You're absolutely correct Irina and I apologize.
    I just hadn't updated the MegaPak.

Anybody reading this; after June 1st, 2008, ALL of the logo editions will be included in the MegaPak (and the price of the MegaPak will also be increased).

Irina, I've PMd you back with a solution.
    Let me know if all is well.

Marc