Watermarks

Discussion in 'Wish list for future releases' started by Gravy, May 5, 2005.

1. Gravy

Gravy

I like the idea of using a smiley or something similar to identify our creations but the problem I have with it is that if someone wants to "borrow" your work then all they have to do is open it in a graphic program, and with just the tiniest bit of work they can remove or paint over it and have a usable image.

This is why when I do put a watermark on I generally stretch it from corner to corner over the main part of the image. Still not impossible to edit if someone is determined but they would have to consume much more time doing it.

Marc I like the watermark you have for the email function in the soon to be released V4 of TLC. Would it be possible to add the watermark to the export function so that we may apply it while exporting? Also it would be a nice touch if the word "sample" were customizable so that we could enter whatever wording we desire.

I'm going to take a few minutes and create a generic one and post it in the Logo Gallery for anyone to use if they wish to copy it.

2. wrangler95

wrangler95

A watermark is very simple to add to anything you create in TLC, once you're finished, using any "paint" program. Or, if you're really concerned, open your finished work in "Photoshop" etc and use Digimark to watermark your work, which will embed your data right into the image file..

3. Gravy

Gravy

Good suggestion but some of us don't own photoshop and need an alternative. My thought is that if it is readily available in TLC, then why open another prog to do it.

4. blackknight

blackknight

Thats a good idea to be able to customize our own work and with the click of a button. In the past I have done a "property of" in white and then turned down the opacity so that you can still see it faintly and save it in my pictures then import it back and layer it over my logo but I like the one click idea alot better. It's faster
    Blackknight

5. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Gravy!
    Excellent suggestion.

Yes. I will create an 'export watermark' feature. Shouldn't be too hard since I've created this feature with the new eMail-your-logo function.

In the meantime, as BlackKnight mentions, you can create the slanted text in TLC, export it as a Transparent PNG file ... then bring this PNG image back into your created logo and set it's opacity down a bit. A work around, but its faster than creating one in another program!

Great idea! One button watermark feature and TLCv4.0 is a DONE DEAL!

- Marc

6. Ultimate

Ultimate

That will make a great feature for all the members using TLC. Things only get easier for all of us.

7. Wicked

Wicked

If you are one who likes to sell logos like myself I agree they would be easy to ripp off when you show the customer their sample. What I used to do was Type the word "Sample" and just lower the compacity of it just as a watermark but that is by passable as well. So what I do now to better keep this from happening is just do what TLC already does and type the words "Mylogo" and "My Slogan" and let them visualize their Company or Website Name in place of "Mylogo" and has seemed to work fine for me. Just food for thought for a temp fix untill an update occurs. Just make sure to save the project after every logo you create so that it is easily edited to drop your customers information into the template. Easy 5 mins if that...

8. Gravy

Gravy

Good advice Wicked. Welcome to the forums.