Watermark

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by Gravy, May 5, 2005.

1. Gravy

Gravy

Here is a generic watermark I made if anyone wants to use it, feel free.

2. Flotsom

Flotsom

Nicely done, Gravy!

How'd you do that? In case people would like to create their own personal watermarks instead of using a generic one.

3. Gravy

Gravy

TLC of course. I suppose if you want to personalize it either recreated it and add your name or make a mask and add your name. Then export as transparent png

4. Flotsom

Flotsom

Uhhh ... :D ... kinda guessed you did it in TLC, Gravy. I meant what steps did you use in TLC to get that effect? As in color, opacity setting if any, etc.. I tried to make a watermark once before, but never could figure out how to get on the background of the canvas so that everything else went on top, and it didn't completely make viewing the design impossible.

Still gotta spoon feed me, Gravy :D ... little bites please.:)

5. Gravy

Gravy

Hehe..

Well I did'nt save it in tlc format so I'll have to guess a little.

I used a blank white canvas and then inserted "new" text. I entered it all as one element hitting enter at the end of each line.
    Font is system standard arial.
    I colored it as a gradient using the standard pallet on the left side a pale yellow and on the right a middle grey shade.
    I selected radial gradient pattern on the 5 setting.
    Then I made it rotatable text to position it and scaled it a little I think.
    Exported as a transpng and that was it.
    Oh and I made sure to make everything fit on the default TLC canvas that it first opens.

6. Flotsom

Flotsom

Cool! Thanks!!

Since watermarks are in fairly high demand, and are rather integral to protecting your hard work, this would be a great post for Hints & Tips or maybe a Tutorial.

Although, the images we post are fairly low resolution in thumbnail, and personally I don't consider any of my work marketable, it's still nice to be asked for the use of an image just to know someone liked it enough to want it. So a watermark is really almost a necessity, and definitely worth knowing how to do. :D

And of course, step by step always makes it easier for those, like myself, that are sometimes slow on the uptake. :}

7. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Excellent job on the watermark G!
    Maybe I can put up some sort of "Watermark" gallery! Have others pick it up from the site.

Oh sure, just add a few MORE things that will delay the final programming of v4.0. :)

- Marc

8. Woody2000

Woody2000

:panic: DELAY :panic:

9. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

easy woody I think marc was joking :) or was he?? :confused: LOL

10. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

hi marc,
    How will the logo creator compare to the logo design studio in it's latest version, i just got the design studio demo version and i do like some of the features, like having more control over element size and the shape and line drawing tool. Using images as background is pretty cool as well (i know importing an image in TLC and using it as background is possible but it reacts as an element when you do, so selecting multiple elements in front of background also selects the background image itself.)

Got this of the summitsoft website:

11. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

btw they compares studio to tlc version 3.5!

12. Shelly

Shelly

They had to put that in because it makes theres look better, I have tried it and found it very difficult to navigate & their logos are rubbish.

TLC V 4 which is a free update will be out soon ( the mods & admin are trying out the beta version now) and that has a lot of new features. The only problem is that the Beta testers keep coming up with new ideas and Marc is trying to get them into the new update which keeps putting it back awhile.

13. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

In my opinion the navigation interface of designsudio is better then in tlc,(v4. navigation is improved bud...) first because you can use a scrollbar to zap thru the elements and second because the elements are catagorized.
    The logodesigns in designstudio don't worry me, like the ones in TLC they're just an example, most of the time you change so much that not a lot of the original design is left.

I know v4.0 is being tested (i've been sending bugreports to marc myself) and that this betaversion is not the end product. Improving, tweaking and fine tuning a product is always a slow and long procces bud looking at / comparing to your nr.1 competetor is a good way to start. Not to make TLC the same as.., but to keep the strong points and improve on the weaker ones.
    :bighug:

14. monyc

monyc

Marc your software is still the Bomb. The logo design studio was very hard to do a logo, I didnt like the look of there template it didnt give that much control over the designing a logo, If remeber right They didnt have have various ways to save the image. Marc your software is the bomb.

15. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Thanks Monyc!
    I appreciate the post very much.

I like to hear what others think of both software products.
    Logo Studio has some decent ideas behind it. I'm biased, of course, but I think the logos found in Logo Studio are pretty basic. Most look like clipart.

SummitSoft was my previous publisher. They published The Logo Creator (created the retail box for it). It became the #1 best selling small business title for most of 2004. Summit discovered that, if they created their own version of The Logo Creator, they could rake in all of the profits. They fooled OfficeDepot (a Retail outlet here in the United States) into thinking that their new product (Logo Design Studio) was an update to The Logo Creator. I recieved a ton of complaints from users who bought LDS thinking it was my product.

... as the Valley girls say; 'what EVER'
    I just hope Karma is real. :D

Seems like LDS isn't doing as well as they expected.
    According to the download count on Download.com (Search for "Logo") we had 2,226 downloads last week. They had 592.

I know this post should really be more of a 'blog' type post ... but ya got me going on this topic Mony :D

... thanks for the compliments!

- Marc