Vista Print Rip Off

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by Jim B, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Jim B

Jim B

Hi Guys,
    I know that LB says vista print is a preferred way to get business cards. But you may want to re-think that.
    Here is what I mean. I did go to vista prints for business cards (2 years ago) now it seems that they have decided to access my debit card to the tune of $75.00 for something called vistaprintsrewards. I dont have a clue what that is, or how they did it, but after a google search, it seems that it is happening a lot.
    If you call them, you either get no answer or they hang up on you. I had to get in touch with Paypal (my debit card) and have them reverse the charges.
    Marc,
    if you have any influence with these people, maybe you can find out what is going on. do the google search on vistaprintsrewards and see what I mean.
    Anyway, that is my $75.00 rant for today.
    Jim :image06: B

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Jim.

I'm sorry to hear this!
    Yes, by all means - I will write to my contacts at VistaPrint and ask them to help you with this.

Do you have any additional information I can get them so that they remove you from whatever list you're on?
    PM me this info Jim (NOT a credit card number. Some other ID. An order number perhaps. I suppose I can even use your first and last name).

If anybody else has experienced this, please PM me as well. I still stand by VistaPrint 100% - but I can't let this sort of issue continue.

- Marc

3. Jim B

Jim B

Hi Marc,
    Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I have the info, here is what I found this morning in my paypal account.

Merchant:
    VPREWARDSUS.C288506390 888-243-6185 CT
    Purchase Date:
    Jun. 26, 2007
    Authorized Amount:
    -$74.75 USD
    Authorization Date:
    Jun. 25, 2007
    Time:
    17:42:49 PDT
    Completed

I am not sure how they just did this, I have never subscribed to any program, nor have I even used them in forever. This just showed up.

JimB

4. Jim B

Jim B

Oops! Guess I didn't PM - huh :)
    Well, no private info there anyway........

5. Mr Laughingbird

I've eMailed them Jim.
    Hang in there and I'll let you know what I find out.

- Marc

6. Jim B

Jim B

Thanks Marc,
    I appreciate your help.
    Jim

7. Jim B

Jim B

Marc,
    Have you heard anything yet? They just got me for another $14.95.
    How in the heck are they allowed to do this. I am going to have to shut down my paypal account and that will in turn kill my ebay store.
    This sucks!

Jim B

8. Mr Laughingbird

What!?

Yes! I heard back from them last Thursday.
    They said they'd take care of you and reimburse you (ha! Not debit more money from you!)

I will follow up again Jim.
    They're a great group and wanted to take care of this.

Hang in there.

- Marc

9. Mr Laughingbird

Hi Jim.
    I've recieved another reply from VistaPrint:

------
    Hi Marc,

We were unable to find this customer in the system by email address. Is it possible to get anymore information from him? I will definitely take care of this once we find him in the system.

Thanks again for all your help

-Jay

-------

Can you PM me the address you used or have on file?

- Marc

10. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Funny I found this thread --- I actually was a victim of this same thing. It turned out to be someone had gained access to my paypal info and was scamming me using an i.d. that looked to be a company I was dealing with at the time. It took some time to get it sorted, but it was finally fixed. I hope this isn't the case for you, but just in case. BTW - they got my info also thru Ebay. (I just love that place.)

11. Jim B

Jim B

Nothing Yet, Still waiting to see.

12. Buffbaud

Buffbaud

This is an old post, but I currently have the same problem with Vista Print. They put me in this Vista rewards program unknown to me and are still charging my credit card. I cancelled my account with them but it is still happening. Not only that, but their work is poor quality. I will never deal with vista print again once I figure out how to get them to stop charging me.

13. Doc

Doc Staff Member

I would contact my credit card company and get them to cancel the card and issue a new one with a different number on to prevent any further charges being made on my card. That done if you are positive you did not accidently 'sign up' to their scheme - read the small print on their web site, then this sounds like they have illegally taken money from you. In the UK we have access to a low cost legal service called the small claims court, is there something similar in your country?

14. vjnes

vjnes

This post is old, however, I ordered business cards through Vista Print as well. I have not experienced the unprofessional nonsense you speak of. If you go into your Paypal account; there is a way you can unauthorize them from ever billing you again. This should stop future Vista Print charges!

15. Buffbaud

Buffbaud

Unfrotunely I didn't use my Paypal. I used my visa card directly. I found someone else to do my cards locally I'll use my business cards from vista print for my next campfire. So far I have paid Vista Print about $50 for 100 business cards that are too ugly to live.