1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

(Very) Low Quality Graphics - How can I fix it?

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by CarloNuba, Aug 2, 2007.

1. CarloNuba

CarloNuba

Hi there,

from the salespage I think WGC is a really great programm! After trying it a bit, I think it's pretty easy to use too.

However, I will need some help to make it work for me:
    When I create ecovers, the quality of the graphics is really bad, it's totally obvious that it's computer generated! Just look at my example:
    [​IMG]

I rendered this as JPG, high quality, anti aliasing 2.

I have a pretty new laptop - Windows XP, 1.66 GHz, 1GB RAM, so I think that should not be a problem, right?

Looking forward for your support,
    Carlos Nuba

2. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

hi carlos first off welcome to the forum
    what that looks like to me is that the jpeg you was using wasnt the right size for the album cover and the program has extended it to make it fit ,thus causing pixallation of the jpeg

try it with another image that is larger and reduce it to the size that is required and see how you go

3. CarloNuba

CarloNuba

Hi Lamo,

thanks for the quick reply and the welcome.

It's the same when I export big JPGs (1280 x 731). I tried GIF and PNG too, same problem.

Also, I don't know how it's supposed to look inside the WGC, but it looks just the same - not like the results I saw in the examples, but like computer games in the 1997 :-)

Thanks again for your support,
    Carlos Nuba

4. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Carlos - can you supply us with some screen shots. I've not created an ecover, but from what I've read here on the boards, you really must create the image that you want to place in the ecover to the correct size. Because if it's to small or large, the program will stretch it to fit the ecover box. That's been my understanding. I hope someone with more experience will stop in.

5. CarloNuba

CarloNuba

Hi Randy,
    thanks for your reply.
    Here my screenshot in original size (sorry so large, but I thought better be sure):
    [​IMG]

Image size doesn't make a difference in my case - in the screenshot you can see I used the WGC preset template.

Thanks for your support, I look forward to put WGC to good use.
    Carlos

6. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Hi Carlos, I think what you are saying is the box you created looks poor because of the 'jagged' lines along the sides. I do not normaly use the box creator (my normal work is designing logos) but I loaded the software to check it out, what I got was the same as you - jagged edges. The solution I found was to rotate the box to get rid of the 'jaggies' The picture below was what I was able to obtain after rotating the box. Click on the thumbnail below to see a larger version.

Attached Files:

7. CarloNuba

CarloNuba

Hi,

Doc, thanks for your reply.
    but WGC is kind of full of troubles to me.

For some reason I can't get the lines vertical - it will either flip some degrees to the left or the the right, just enough to make the lines jagged.

Also there is an issue with being unable to export images with shadows. Because the shadows can look just nice in the WGC, but in the exported files the look like gray boxes.

And another issue is the export function does regularly create an error message when I try to export in the predefined size (1280 x7something). Asking me since the image size is very big if I want to continue because it might lead to problems. When I choose to continue anyway, it creates an image file - however, that image file can't be viewed.

Any help appreciated...

Carlos

8. CarloNuba

CarloNuba

... any suggestions?

Thanks, Carlos