VERY frustratinging...

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by Laurie, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Laurie

Laurie

2. KD-did

KD-did

You probably don't realize this but this forum is primarily staffed by volunteers.... which aren't Mac users using Snow leopard. AS admin and moderators not being employees also doesn't allow us company updates or glitch fixes information before when you would get the news.

3. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

I'm a windows guy, and a volunteer. I am also waiting for an answer to an email I sent Microsoft back in 1993 when I bought win 3.0 on 3.5" floppies.

I know it can be frustrating not to get an answer to a question right away, especially if you are working on something important, but just Like KD-did said, Admins and moderators are volunteers.

The cost of the support you get: $0.00. Now you may be thinking "Well you get what you pay for", but by posting a question in the forum, over 20,000 registered users see your question.

When posting a question it helps to give the following info:
    1. What software are you talking about?
    2. what operating system do you have?
    3. When did you purchase the software?
    4. Where did you purchase the software?
    5. Did the software ever work? Many times issues arise after Microsft pushes out updates.
    6. Do you know how to use the SNIP TOOL in windows? If so, often times a picture with a help request is worth a lot of time in tryingto figure out your issue.

4. Laurie

Laurie

This was my original post:

I have read other threads with this problem but other people seem to have the previous versions and that seems to be the key in getting the elements to work….

I had bought a previous version in 2008. I no longer have that PC and have been working on a MAC for a couple years, I just bought TLC and the business card pack as an add-on yesterday and I do NOT have the elements- NEED HELP. Can't seem to find a fix for this anywhere!

I have a 2010 Macbook Pro running Snow Leopard, if this helps…..

5. Laurie

Laurie

FIrst, was that not enough information?

Second, I realize and appreciate that the moderators are volunteers. However, the Mac/Snow Leopard issue is NOT a new one. I have found posts as far back as April of this year all the way to 21 days ago. In April you posted that there is a known bug with this software running Snow Leopard and that you were working on it. I did find a post of yours where you posted a link to fix the problem temporarily and that it was not a full version of the software. That link did work for me, but after closing the program and opening it later, I had the same problem of no elements (and I understand the difference between elements and templates), I had to download the link again, now that link is invalid and when clicked takes you to the homepage of Laughing Bird…????

Have you fixed this issue for the full version? If not, since your website does not state anywhere this known issue with MAC, I would like a refund of my money for The Logo Creator and the Business Card add-on pack.

So you see, THESE reasons are why it is VERY frustrating not getting answers….

6. sonia

sonia

I totally agree with Laurie, I want my money back too if this is not fixed

7. Laurie

Laurie

Don't hold your breath! As you can see, no one replied after I responded to their sarcastic posts. They are quick to blame me and act like I didn't provide enough information from the start, not to mention unprofessional enough to state that he has been waiting since 1993 for an answer from Microsoft….as if not addressing an issue they were WELL AWARE OF is perfectly acceptable and professional.

I have emailed Marc several times regarding a refund….to no avail! So again, don't hold your breath!

8. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Yikes.

Hi there Laurie.
    Please forgive me for missing your letters.

I went looking for past letters from you and found a few in my IN box.
    ... you've been with me a long time (there was a nice letter from you in 2010!)

I've written you back with a solution.

I know the Snow Leopard issue is a pain.
    But Snow Leopard is now 4 Operating systems old.
    ....there's since been Lion (10.7), Mtn Lion (10.8) and now Maverick (10.9)

The Logo Creator needs Power and Snow Leopard (OS 10.6) is getting old.

However, that's no excuse for missing your letters.

And I don't think KD above was being sarcastic... she's trying to help and I'm sure she gets frustrated.

So check your mail -- and let me know if offering you the latest version, or a Windows version (you mention you're also running Windows) is an option for you.

Marc

9. Laurie

Laurie

Hi Marc….

Yes, I remember writing you back then. I loved TLC and STILL think it's an awesome program! My husband and I had done a lot with it. That's why I didn't hesitate to buy it AGAIN and the Business card add on pack (since I have been a Mac owner for the last 2 years).

I agree that KD-did was not being sarcastic but nor was she being helpful and after asking for help 3x, supply the information he asked for in my ORIGINAL post and getting no response, I was completely frustrated. Your Moderator, gcuneo2 response was down right rude with that comment about him waiting since 1993…he could use a couple classes in "How to be Tactful" and "How NOT to piss a paying customer off while treating them like a dumba$$". It's just bad business. Jesus! I would never speak to a customer like that!

Anyway, THANK YOU for responding both here and email and THANK YOU for being nice…..

I've replied to your email