Vector Images - SVG - XAML

Discussion in 'Wish list for future releases' started by 70sJJ, Oct 18, 2008.

1. 70sJJ

70sJJ

You guys probably already know the push in the graphics industry to use vector images in web designs. Microsoft Expression Design and Adobe Illustrator are good products. But the problem they have is the inability to clearly convert rastor images such as BMP,JPGS,GIF etc to vector base files. It is really easy to do this if you export to a vector format from with in these products. I don't know if this would be possible, but having the ability to export to a vector image file would put your product far above all others. It allows us to use your images more easily within new web sites that use SilverLight and Flash. Microsoft and Adobe are behind your products when it comes to built in functionality and productivity this would be another strong example of how your product is a superior tool to produce meaningful work quickly. I hope you really consider this one.

2. 3DS

3DS

mkayyy...

I totally disagree with you...and then you just commented on what Illustrator does do, along with tons of options that come with it. So I think that you're very confused about this. Also about Adobe being "behind" is basically blasphemy in the graphic art industry, and to all graphic artists lol. FYI - Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop are the innovator and all others are imitators; with CorelDraw as being an exception. enuff said.

3. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

lol.

I think he was giving The Logo Creator a huge compliment (weren't you 70sJJ?) ... he said that Adobe was behind my products in productivity.

I agree! LOL.

But I couldn't live without Photoshop or Illustrator.

To answer your point 70sJJ... yes, trying to get the software to output vector imaging has been a huge undertaking here. We've come along way, and will soon launch "The Animated Logo Creator" ... which will output in .SWF format. Not vector - but you'll be able to resize the logos cleanly without any loss in quality. AND, they'll also be animated!

Thanks for the comments 70sJJ

4. 70sJJ

70sJJ

Not trying to offend designers - Vector Graphics

Marc,
    I was absolutely giving your product a big compliment. I have to laugh at reading the previous post. I didn’t mean to offend any graphic designer. I know Photo shop is the tool of choice by that industry. I am a software engineer, we have the same developer religion wars between programmers that prefer Java vs Microsoft .NET to build applications. Any comment on either one brings about many harsh responses from the other camp. The reason I brought up the request is because there are a lot of programmers in the Microsoft world that would buy your product. As a consultant very seldom do you find a company that has a development and design team. They don’t have enough money for that. Many developers are forced to be designers. Your product fits a niche that has not been filled. Most developers are trying to use Silver light but really don’t have products like yours that are very productive to produce vector graphics. We can use other designer tools to convert vector graphics to XAML and program against it. This allows developers to build graphically advance future applications with animation using other 3rd party pluggins like Flash and Silver light. Even the mighty Microsoft does not provide the functionality your product provides. I just thought it would be a great niche to fill. But unfortunately it doesn’t sound like your going down that path but rather relying on Flash support only. Is this correct? I hope you would consider this option in the future it may pay off handsomely.:image28:

5. Worlock

Worlock Guest

I would like to see this also so you dont have to keep buying external programs that cost hundreds of $$$'s just to get the production your seeking :) The learning curve is fading along with age here..HAHAHAHA!

6. 3DS

3DS

No Offense Taken

That's funny cuz I was laughing at the silly little comment that Illustrator has "the inability to clearly convert rastor images such as BMP,JPGS,GIF etc to vector base files."

Oh and no offense was taken. I found your comment hilarious.

7. mamajama

mamajama

I have encountered the need for vector each time someone wants to use my designs in a t-shirt application.
    I end up having to convert each layer to black and white...so much gets lost.

8. Jayemerican

Jayemerican

I SECOND THAT!:image16-1:

9. xprt007

xprt007

I add my voice to any campaign to realize that in the Flash Ad Creator (static ad side) & all other products in their next versions, which I hope will be out soon.

10. doc fluty

doc fluty

I vote for the vectors also