Vector Feature

Discussion in 'Wish list for future releases' started by yazo, Sep 5, 2004.

1. yazo

yazo

Hi all,

First of all I want to say this is a really usefull logo program, none like it
    outhere. congratulations!

However, what it really needs is the ability to save as vector format.
    This would save me the time from using the Pen tool (in Illustrator) and vectorizing by hand. : o_please

Formats I would like to see exported: ai,pdf, emf .etc...

With Vector you wouldnt be constrained by any resizing whatso ever, resize it to what ever size you want, from business cards to gigantic banners with no visual quality degration, awesome huh?

What do the rest of you guys think?

Again thanks for this wonderful program. :57:

2. KD-did

KD-did

You already can export in the PDF format with TLC 3.6.

3. yazo

yazo

Pdf Yes, vector export No

Hi thanks for the post, i didnt realized that the latest version could export to
    PDF, cool!

However, i dont think it's an editable PDF, which would mean we could open it up in Illustrator (or other Vector programs) and edit the vector paths, Oh well, we can only hope this will be available in future versions.

Vector option would open the door for some really promising possibilities! :banana

thanks!

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Yazo.
    Thanks for the post.

Yes, converting to vector would be an exTREMEly great feature. One that I've toyed with and tried programming with for quite some time now. However, this is becomming near impossible with just a click of a button. Look how extensive Illustrator or Freehand is. And even they can't convert perfectly with their auto-trace tools.

I'm still trying however! I refuse to count this feature out.

In the meantime (and I'll be posting this onto my website), check out:
    http://www.vikingarts.com

AJ (the owner) and I have arranged to work together. He and his staff will convert your created logos to Vector format. Reasonably priced I'll tell you!

Check it out. If you decide to use them, tell him Marc from The Logo Creator sent you. (I get nothing out of it mind you, but I want him to know how important he is to my customers!)

Thanks again for the post!

- Marc

5. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

to any and all interested, I just posted a link to a really nice
    vector conversion tutorial for Photoshop. Here's the link
    over to the Resources forum.