v5 on Vista

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by turtlebugs3, May 24, 2007.

1. turtlebugs3

turtlebugs3

Help!!!!:image06-1: i just upgraged to v5 with the Mascot Version. I already have the Cartoon and Hollywood editions. I recently got windows Vista and lost all my bonus logos and have had many other different problems with my cartoon and hollywood editions. Yesterday I got the mascot edition hoping that v5 would help. Well.....now it's even worse. If I outline something or shadow something and hit done the outline or shadow automaticly turns white. I try to save it without hitting done while it's the color I chose :image09: but I don't always have the options at the top for file, modify, export and web help. If I just try and close it so that it will offer me the option to save I click on yes but it doesn't save it anyway. Man, am I having problems. It won't easily allow me to change colors of things, text or images, it won't save my logos under the TLC so that I can possibly do the logo step by step meaning change a color, save, close what i'm doing, open from TLC, add the next step etc...

Vista offers a way to arrange for a program to work like it would under XP. I've done that with no luck.

Does anyone know what I can do? Right now my logo creator is almost useless and I LOVE IT!!! :image09:

2. Randy...

Randy... Guest

That's really weird. I have TLC on my laptop which has Vista and so far no problems, working just like it does in XP.

3. turtlebugs3

turtlebugs3

Now on top of everything else when I opena logo from TLC the building logo please wait just freezes on the page. I've rebooted, shut down but it's getting worse. There must be a gremlin in my computer. lol

4. Randy...

Randy... Guest

I would do a complete re-install first. Uninstall everything and do a fresh install.

5. Darell

Darell

Freeze

I wonder, if you have some other applications running at the same time; I have that problem every now and then in other areas if I get too many applications running at the same time. Especially if my auto scan starts while I'm trying to accomplish something. I'm using Vista Home Premium and haven't encountered the problem you indicate. Memory could also be a factor; I'm not sure whether the graphics card could be a problem but it might be also. That's my :2cents:worth. Have a GREAT day, Darell

6. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hmmmm...

Your problem is strange turtlebugs3.
    The software should work great under Vista

(the only trouble I seem to have with Vista are the pull down menus turning a dark color. Black text on a dk blue background).

Your "building Logos" issue can be fixed.
    AND, I hope the update fixes all of your problems.

Check this page out and let us know if it helps:
    http://www.thelogocreator.com/updates

(update to version 5.1)

Marc

7. KD-did

KD-did

This thread was originally from 5/27 and brought back to life by Darell.

8. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

... oops

:dembarrased:

9. Darell

Darell

My problem

I need to start looking at dates of posts :image10-1:and this wouldn't have happened.

I just recently purchased WGC version 3.0 and I thought it incorporated 6 different pieces of software. Maybe, I'm not understanding what is included and the differences if these were purchased seperatly. The WGC package included Art Center, eCover Center, Flip Book Center, and I think a Button Creator.

I see that there are other software products available:
    • The Logo Creator
    • The Corporate Identity Creator
    • The Flash Ad Creator
    • Website and Flash Templates
    I will probably be interested in, when I get WGC mastered. I am having some problems getting the relationship of the various axis in the 3D ebook creator portion. I can't seem to get the ebook positioned correctly on the page using the different colored axis. There is probably a simple way of doing this, that I am missing.

Have a GREAT day, Darell

</SPAN>

10. zipman

zipman

I also installed v5.0 and lost a lot of logos. What should i do to get them back!?

11. zipman

zipman

should the logos from v 4 automatically be picked up by v5?

12. KD-did

KD-did

Hello zipman happy Valentine's Day and welcome to the forum. Not exactly sure what you are asking. And what logos would be missing. What platform are you running Win or Mac? Is your V5 from purchasing WGC or other Laughingbird product or an updating?. Was your V5 path to be a standalone or did you merge.?

13. zipman

zipman

KD-kid thanks for responding' Windows Vista. I purchased V4 and then I think I upgraded to V5, but I have a shortcut for V4 & V5. I can get into either one, but there are more graphics in V4 than V5. ie V4 has more cartoon characters than V5 and i can't figure it out. I guess V5 is standalone only because they didn't merge, which i thought they would. This has been a problem for quite a while, but never took the time to find out why. I guess I just got frustrated.

14. KD-did

KD-did

Silly me... I wasn't exactly sure because often a long thread will often change from one platform to another and you didn't state specifically so I asked to be safe.. Two shortcuts is a really good indication that the were pathed to be standalones. If installed as standalones there could be less than you expect to see because you probably saved some of your templates V4 that you are not seeing in V5... Just look into TLC's program file folders and if installed as standalone you will have a "Logo Library" for both V4 and V5 . You could be seeing a difference in the number of cartoon mascots if your V4 was the Mascot version but your V5 was another edition. Some of the characters are in all editions but if not merged there would be less in V5. It is an easy thing to merge V4 with V5 without having to uninstall...Just copy or move the contents Logo Library from V4 into V5 into the folder with the same name, do the same for "Logo Elements" your templates... or add new folders with new names so that the dropdown menu and the preview show and display correctly.