V3.6 Upgrade Problem with Hide Desktop function

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by FixitMad, Feb 4, 2005.

1. FixitMad

FixitMad

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I've been using the Retail version of LogoCreator v3.3 for a year now and love it. I recently remembered I had v3.5 update so I updated my retail version from 3.3 to 3.5. All functions work correctly and I decided to check to see if there were any updates and I downloaded the v3.6 update. I am using Windows 98se system on a Pentium II PC with 128mb of RAM. When I use the Hide Desktop function, Logocreator give back an error message and locks up. I am unable to click anywhere else.

I wanted to know if anyone is having similar issue? If not, I wonder if I should uninstall and reinstall v3.3 and then do the update to v3.6 instead of 3.5 then 3.6?
    Thanks.

2. KD-did

KD-did

FixitMad, there have been several issues with the retail version and upgrades....all very fixable. Uninstall TLC completely...then reinstall from the CD. Then do the 3.6.1 update. Let either Marc (laughingbird) or myself know if you are asked for a key to unlock.

3. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Fixit.

As always, Katie is right on.
    UNinstall what you currently have on your computer and reInstall it from the CD.
    Then, pull down the 'Help' menu and select "Check for internet updates"

You'll then be pointed to the newest version of The Logo Creator v3.6.1
    This will solve your troubles on the Hide and Show desktop features.

Hope this helps!

- Marc

4. FixitMad

FixitMad

Hi,

Ok thanks for the information I'll give that a try. Sorry for the lack or more information. I was at work and I did not have my notes from home. The Exact error message was:

Director Player
    Xtra Not Found
    "resolution"

Script Error, Continue?

Yes No.

I'll give the complete uninstall a go. Just to let you know, I was using the update.zip file I downloaded from your site. This file and the Update via help should be the same?

5. FixitMad

FixitMad

Reinstall Works

Hi Marc and Katie,

Thanks for all your help. Sorry for the late response! I thought I had responded. Uninstalling and reinstalling fixed the issue. It also appears I had version 3.6 instead of v3.6.1. I am all set now!

Thanks again,

FixitMad. :)