V.6.6 Crash then can't save new file

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by Captain1202, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Captain1202

Captain1202

I was saving a new logo and the software crashed while saving. Now I can't save a file. I get an error saying "myfile.png already exists try another name". No matter what name I try I get the same error message.
    Also, saw the thread on "shapes" folder. Where is it?
    And... I noticed in my "program files" folder on "c" drive I have two folders for Logo Creator, one date March, one in April. Should 1 of these be deleted?
    Thx for any input.

2. Michael Cline

Michael Cline

I can't save a png file. I get an error saying "administator.png already exists try another name". No matter what name I try I get the same error message.

3. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Don't worry about deleting those folders- they don't take up much space....I'm working on the can't save issue....

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

SHAPES6.JPG
    The shapes folder is here:

C:\Users\Condor (or whatever you main user name is)\Documents\Laughingbird Documents\Logo Elements

(WHEN YOU FIND IT DELETE IT!) It has a DB file extension.

NEXT DO THIS:

1. While in the current logo elements directory, right mouse click, select NEW FOLDER, and create a new folder called SHAPES.

2. UNZIP THE ATTACHED ZIP FILE INTO THAT FOLDER. That will take care of the crashing...

Attached Files:

5. Michael Cline

Michael Cline

Still having a problem after doing the above. I can't save a png file. I get an error saying "administrator.png already exists try another name". No matter what name I try I get the same error message.

6. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

try saving to a usb thumb drive....