Ut oh...logos coming out bad...

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by CharlieB, Jun 8, 2006.

1. CharlieB

CharlieB

:helpnow:

I've tried to print on my color laser printer some logos and such, i've done so on some Word documents. Other downloaded pictures and such all come out flawlessly, but the logos that are created, even in TPNG 300DPI format come out pretty bad...blurry and digital looking. You can almost see the pixels. It really throws off the whole look of the documnent.

Can anyone show me how to get around this?

:thankyou:

2. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Hello charlieB-

Are you blowing the logos up once you export them out of The Logo Creator?

If you are then that can cause distortion look, the blurry look.

3. CharlieB

CharlieB

I'm actually doing the opposite. I'm setting them up large and then making them smaller. I haven't figited with any of the options...just make it large and then when I put it in Publisher, I reduce it to be smaller than how I had made it in Logo Creator.

:helpnow:

EDIT:
    Remember, this only occurs when I print. Anytime I print another image on my Laser, it comes out just fine, however, whenever I print something from Logo Creator, it comes out all "pixely" and digital :(

4. KD-did

KD-did

charlieB, what version of TLC are you running ? Are you using a 3rd party software to resize your logo? Are you printing from an exported, resized file or directly from the TLC file?

Shadows can sometime make for a blurry distorted printing.

You might want to check the printer setting before printing as there maybe a default printing resolution.

5. Doc

Doc Staff Member

If I understand you correctly Charlie you are exporting a large image from TLC and then reducing it in size within Publisher. If this is the case then it could be the reason for the poor results. Try adjusting the export file in TLC so it is the size you require within Publisher.

6. CharlieB

CharlieB

Thanks alot guys, I know i'm new here, thanks alot for the care you've guys have shown :)

:thankyou:

I'm gonna give it a shot now and tell you how it goes...resizing in TLC to the size i'd like it in the document in Publisher

:number:

7. KD-did

KD-did

using 3rd party publisher will give you more printing options. To resize without loss of quality and without artifacs you could use PIXresizer a extremely easy to use free program to bring into your publisher for printing.
    http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm