using old TLC versions with new versions

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by bigpoketz, Jun 13, 2007.

1. bigpoketz

bigpoketz

if u r a fan of older versions of TLC just change the name of your version in your applications folder eg.(the logo creator 3.6 to the logo creator v3) I love 3.6 , by the way,and u can have another version of TLC in the same folder eg.( the logo creator v5) or have 1 version in 1 hard drive, and 1 version in another hard drive. i use a mac don't really know if u can do this on a pc. There r just some things u can do in version 3 that isn't in version 5 anymore.

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi BP!
    Nice to hear from you again.

What do you like about v3 that you don't have in version 5.0?
    Tell me, perhaps I can walk you through a better workaround in version 5!

3. bigpoketz

bigpoketz

hi marc . well i like the fact there are "add this image "and an" add this text" buttons.
    there are also these commands in the "modify" menu. i know the work arounds, that u provided 4 me, but i just think that 2 c the buttons or 2 know there are commands that r tangible helps creativity flow,especially if your a newbie at TLC. The other reason i like 3.6 so much is it is the only version that allows the lettering( if i use character spacing and sqeeze the letters together a little ) to not overlap one another, or if u use a stroke on some text and I squeeze the character spacing, let's say the word "some" u can still see the stroke of the letter S inside the letter O and the letter M inside the letter O. While in v3.6 the letter O covers the letter S a little giving the word a layered appearance and it does it automatically! i'll try to send comparitive pics to show u what i mean. i know there is "CIC" but i love the preview bizcard command.
    P.S i almost 4got i am a mac user so maybe the lettering problem doesn't show up in PC's.