Using Download Fonts

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by xcalibertp, Mar 3, 2005.

1. xcalibertp

xcalibertp

Hi..

First...love the software!!!

I wanted to expand the available fonts, especially to work with holiday themed logos. I download several fonts, most of which are more "image" like than "letter" like.

When I try to use them with Logo Creator, I get the following message...
    "Font "name of font" is not an outlined font".

What exactly does that mean....is there a way to use these types of fonts?

I'm sure you've seen these fonts before, some are referred to as "dings".

The one I'm trying to use is for St. Patty's day. The letters are in the shape of shamrocks.

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Xcal

2. KD-did

KD-did

3. denhom

denhom

xcal, where did you get the font? Perhaps if someone else tries it, a solution can be found faster.

4. xcalibertp

xcalibertp

Font Problem Fixed!!

Hi Again!!

Ok..downloaded the TT Converter. Thank you for the advise. After a bit of playing around, I finally got the font to work!!! It took several attempts but it seems, for me, the only way to correctly convert and install was to follow the following steps..

1. When using the TT Converter, I had to name the converted font exactly the same as the original font then go to the "Customize Font" option and re-enter the name again. Then save the font.

2. Double click on font and select install...Its seems if you just "drag & drop to font book it will not work.

3. Restart.

To other Mac OS X users...just so you know...this software requires that Mac Classic be installed. It is not an OS X platform software.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration!! You helped me solve a very frustrating problem in record time!!

Xcal

5. KD-did

KD-did

Dingbats are great things and well worth the effort to convert when necessary....because they can be used so many ways. Besides the obvious you can put different dingbats together to create a one of a kind image. You can even use paint programs :) See attachment.

6. xcalibertp

xcalibertp

Dingbats

That is exactly why I wanted the fonts/dings to work with logo maker...I'm using the dings incorportated with logo maker elements to make some heading and stuff..nothing fancy..lol..I'm not that good...but...I use the dings in logo maker and use either "gradient color" or "import image for letters" to add color to them. Its a nice..quick easy way to get images.
    I just bought PSP...lol..have no clue how to use it....got a million tutes on it though...just no time. I'm sure once I learn it, I can paint the dings like you did in the examples above.

Once again..thank you so much for all your time and attention!!!

Xcal.