Using and Sizing Logo Help

Discussion in 'Resource & Recommendations' started by Bel, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Bel

Bel

New to TLC like it so far but need some help. I am created my logo no images just the company name with gradient color and papyrus font. I saved and have been trying to us it for my email signature, efax letterhead logo, fax logo.... but when I export it and open it with Adobe Photoshop, resize it (smaller) I can not get the resolution and image clear and crisp. However when I preview and print stationary from TLC, the program automatically adjusts the size for stationary and it looks great, but I have little need for stationary preprinted. How do I save my logo so I can just cut and paste it on word documents, emails, email signature..... at an appropriate size. Note: I did try saving it medium high res and thumbnail high res but it still prints low quality as opposed to how it prints from the TLC "stationary print".

Thanks in advance for and help.
    Bel
    belshaddad@yahoo.com : o_please :17:

2. KD-did

KD-did

Bel, try setting your rez at 300 under "EXPORT"..click where it says export resolution...click where numbers are, then back space...enter 300 then okay . Then when you choose the export format it will be at that resolution. The default rez is set at 72 dpi.

3. Bel

Bel

Katie:
    Thanks, okay I think I am on my way. I did as you said it and it solved one of my issues, however how do I save the logo to use it in an email signature. My logo is just a word, but when I save it and paste it in my signature it saves the white background. I saved it as a transparent and it did not come out so sharp. I think I am on the right track just doing something wrong.

Thanks again!

Bel :;yessir:

4. KD-did

KD-did

try some of the other export options like transparent GIF. ..

5. Bel

Bel

Okay so I am on the right track somewhat. I did that but my logo has gradient font on it, and the TLC ask me to select what I want to be transparent and I selected the darkest part of my logo. Does that make a differnece, I am just not sure what it means when it is asking me to select that.

Katie thanks again. Big Big Help.

Bel : O-Yeah: