Urgent Help Needed Please

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by RykieB, Jan 23, 2007.

1. RykieB

RykieB

Just got this software and I hope I can figure it out. I purchased the Corporate Identity Creator, and the Logo Creator V5 was part of this package. I have problems with both. I will be using it primarily to create logos. I really feel so stupid. I created a logo and saved it, but I cannot use it in the stationary templates.

Secondly, if I like a template layout, how do I change the colours - if possible. At this stage, after struggling more than a day, and feeling real stupid and exhausted, I feel like I've wasted my hard earned money. I need a logo and stationary set for my new Real Estate Business a.s.a.p. and I purchased this software because I thought I can created that something different here, but this is one is getting the better of me.
    I also want to create a logo for our Hobbies and accessories business and want to use it on our website. etc. Please help.

And please, no tech jargon. I don't understand it and have no interest in understanding tech talk.

, and when I change the swf or whatever it is to .jpg, I get a message about 11 characters. My buttons are named. I can't have them all be 11 characters.

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hello RykieB.
    Thanks for the post.

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time!

I'm a little confused however.
    you mention above that you have The Corporate Identity Creator and The Logo Creator.

... then you mention that you're trying to create a button that only limits you to 11 characters. This button feature is not included with the two above programs. (It is included with The Web Graphics Creator)!

To create a logo (or any image for your Hobbies site), launch The Logo Creator, modify a template ... and choose "Export" from the Export menu. Export the image as a ".jpeg"

There's a tutorial on creating a business card using TLC and The CIC here.

This can be used on your site.

However, let me know what software product you actually have so I can help a bit better!

- Marc

3. RykieB

RykieB

Hello Marc

Thank you for your reply. That sentence about the 11 characters slipped in by mistake. I only have the The Corporate Identity Creator and The Logo Creator, and belief you me I battle.

I cannot get my logo into my stationary. I cannot paste it into another program such as word. Shew! I really hope you can come to my rescue.

Kind regards
    Rykie

4. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Hi Rykie, you will not be able to imort a file with a .tlc filename as this is the logo creators own method of saving graphics. As Marc said you need to select Export from the menu at the top of the left hand window and save your logo as a .jpg .gif or possibly .png though not all programs support the latter. When you have exported your file you should then be able to import it into Word etc without any problems.

5. RykieB

RykieB

Still battling but getting there!

I've managed to export my logo as png transparent file.My next question is. When I scale my logo it takes up the whole business card. I can move the empty part of the frame, but how will it print. Isn't there a way that I can crop my logo, and it will act as a picture without a solid frame? Hope I will get the hang of this soon... otherwise I'll be facing insanity. :)

6. Doc

Doc Staff Member

When you have created your logo select the whole thing by clicking and dragging the mouse over the whole logo then click and hold down the left button and drag the logo close to the top left of the window. You can now reduce the size of the window so the logo is a snug fit in the window without lots of space round it. Export it and all should be ok.

7. RykieB

RykieB

I do click and drag the mouse over my design in order to reduce the size, but the minute I left click, the border go away, and I cannot select anything.

8. RykieB

RykieB

What is the difference between a thread and a post?I want to post the following in general to all the members.
    Please help in creating a logo
    Business type: Real Estate Marketing
    Name on logo: Chosen 1 Real Estate cc
    Company slogan: It's about making CHOICES ... Just make it!

Logo colors: Orange, Turquise and Black

Logo Idea: I am looking for something different. Not the ordinary house. Perhaps using the O in Chosen with a house inside and a correction tick,or using the C and expand it to join with the 1 and transform the 1 in a sort of house.Or the H in Chosen as a house. Something different from the ordinary. Please Help!

9. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Rykie just create a new thread in the Logos Wanted part of this forum if you are wanting someone to design a logo for you. Some users will charge for their work. Some don't. Each user is different. So be sure to explain what you are wanting in detail for the designers.

Hope this helps