uploading to Network Solutions site

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by Dafoo, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Dafoo

Dafoo

I have created a GREAT ad for my wedsite using Ad Creator. I use Network Solutions (wedsite in a box) to host my site. How do I get my ad into one simple file to upload to there site. Thanks Dean

2. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Dafoo, welcome to the forum.

If you are speaking of a stand alone .swf file (flash File) then the flash ad creator cannot do that yet, but Marc is working on getting that fixed in the next update. Till then you have to create an assets folder on your host and then upload all your assets in that folder and your .swf file in to the same location as your index.html file. Hope this helps.

3. Dafoo

Dafoo

Thanks so much.....(I think) I cant wait!!!! I love the the ad and can not wait to see it on my sites. Would you know how long till the update? (so I can sleep) I just downloaded the "Book Creator" and now have a book to post. Come on Marc work faster!!!!!!!

Dean in Michigan

4. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Don't know the exact release day but it is suppose to be very soon, I think. I am very excited to see the new version.

5. smtener

smtener

Dafoo,

Thx I also use Network Solution brought this to the forums attention months ago. Marc where is the solution????????????????????????????????????

6. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Smtener, Dafoo (great screen names!).

Have you tried http://www.cuteFTP.com ? or, if you're a Mac user; http://www.panic.com/transmit/

Both of these are FTP programs ... very easy to use.
    With these programs, you simply click and drag your files from your desktop to the server.

With the Ad you've created with The Flash Ad Creator, you click and drag the .swf file, click and drag your actual HTML page, and click and drag the "assets" folder (the assets folder contains the images and text you've modified). In roughly 40 seconds, you'll have the Ad working on your site if you use a 'real' FTP program.

Hope this helps some!

- Marc

7. BTodd

BTodd

did you ever figure out how to do this?

I'm in the same boat!

8. smtener

smtener

network solutions

waiting for 2.0