Upgraded from 6 to 6.6 and dont have any std templates

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by Richard Merry, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Richard Merry

Richard Merry

Wow, you've got me jumping through hoops to get to your support, I guess I've got nothing better to do :(

I have just upgraded from ver 6 to 6.6 and as ver 6 was still on my computer I removed it now, to my shock, I've gone into Ver6.6 to use the standard templates that I had with ver 6 and they are not there. Where are they?

Please advise as soon as possible how I can get them back as I need to get moving.

Thanks
    Richard

2. Jeb

Jeb

Do you still have ver 6 on a cd or the downloaded file?

3. Jeb

Jeb

4. Richard Merry

Richard Merry

No, but I have contacted cleverbridge and they sent me another download link. I have now reinstalled version 6 and, to be honest, I might as well continue to use version 6 as it has the standard logo templates and I dont want two pieces of software on my computer, and I can get on with my work, I've just wasted an hour.

Unless version 6.6 is so much better that I should change over. if so how do I get all the files (logo templates and mascots) on to version 6.6. I can see all the data in the 'Laughingbird Documents' folder in my documents. Then I need to remove version 6 without delecting all the files again.

Let me know
    Richard

5. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

I assume you are using Windows?

Version 6.0 and 6.6 use the exact same templates and libraries, which are located in the LAUGHINGBIRD DOCUMENTS library. There simply is no "getting the templates and mascots onto version 6.6".

If your Logo elements, and Logo Library folders are not in the "Laughingbird Documents" folder, in your documents library, they will not show up in The logo Creator.

The program files of version 6.0, or 6.6 take up about 55MB of space, and can be located anywhere.

The location of the laughingbird documents folder, in your documents library, IS NON NEGOTIABLE.

ssssss.JPG

6. Jeb

Jeb

So mascots used in 5.0 or 6.0 will not work in 6.6?

7. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

5.0 logos are not compatible with 6.0 and above.