upgrade to V2.5 not working..pls help

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by Marix, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Marix

Marix

Hello,
    I just bought FAC v1.4 so I can use it flash jpegs to our site (we just got engaged)from a digital camera via cd. I just want a few jpegs (pics of us) to flash in the top right portion of the site. I can't export to our site, I learned about the v2.5 upgrade but cannot do that either..I got as far as opening the zipped file and nothing else happens..do I have to re-start computer for he upgarde to work?

I need all the help I can get being a new and excited techie..thanks in advance

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Matrix.
    Welcome to the forum.

when you say 'I got as far as opening the zipped file and nothing else happens' ... does this mean you're unable to install the new software? What happens when you double click the installer?

Let me know a little more detail so we can help walk you through this

- Marc

3. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Hi Matrix - although FAC is great for it's purpose, there are better ways to accomplish what you are wanting to do.

I use Splashcast - http://web.splashcast.net/catalog/search.aspx when wanting to display photos online. It's very easy to upload your photos and is FREE!

4. Marix

Marix

directory

Hi Marc,
    thank you for your prompt reply..I was able to save the V2.5 to desktop and when I started installing it, I was given an error msg saying " c:/programfiles " as not a valid directory.
    I never encountered this before and was able to install any software I downloaded in the past..pls advice..thanks

Marix

5. Marix

Marix

thanks

thanks Randy..I'll try using Splashcast..I saw your dj website and that's exactly what I want to do with the pics that i want to post, I hope it's not too complicated..I still want to see if I can make FAC to work since I purchased it for $40..

marix

6. Marix

Marix

invalid directory/ Splashcast

I'm still waiting for someone to help with the error msg when I tried installing the V2.6 of the Flash Ad..the erroe msg is 'C:/programfiles' not a valid directory...thanks Marc for suggesting Splash but that not working for me either...:image09:

7. Marix

Marix

pls remove

Hi Marc,

How can I remove the previous thread from being posted for everyone to see...for privacy issues can you pls remove the one with our wedding website..I'll consider it personal favor...thanks you very much...

Marix :image28:

8. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hello Marix.

I've removed the link for you.

Are you still unable to get v2.5 working??
    If so, let me know and I'll hook you up correctly.

- Marc

9. Marix

Marix

invalid directory

Hi Marc,

glad to see your reply...thanks...yes I still have the 'C:/programfiles' error msg as an invalid directory...

Marix:image09:

10. mel2000

mel2000

Shouldn't C:/programfiles contain a space, i.e.,
    "C:/program files"?