Updated now all my LaughingBird Templates have gone?

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Man with Many Voices, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Man with Many Voices

Man with Many Voices

I updated to the latest version of Logo Creator and my templates have disappeared? Any ideas Guys?

2. KD-did

KD-did

You upgraded from what version? Did you name the requested file to set up the mandatory file where all work is saved to ??? That starts the launch .

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  3. Man with Many Voices

Man with Many Voices

hI i updated from 6.6 and i choose named a new folder to save my work too. :)

4. KD-did

KD-did

For Windows platform check for DS_STORE files and delete them

Did you delete V6.6? There are no templates in V6.8 it uses V6.6 templates.

5. Man with Many Voices

Man with Many Voices

no i didn't delete it, where can i search for the ds_store file ? please

6. KD-did

KD-did

Rather than a system search just go to the Laughingbird Documents folder>>>Examine "Logo Elements" and "Logo Libraries" for any DS_STORE files .

7. Man with Many Voices

Man with Many Voices

In both Folders are just MY TEMPLATES folder which has no content :(

8. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Click on the startup icon for v6.6 and see if your templates are still there. If they are, then don't worry, your content is still there. We'll find it. Let us know what happens when you start v6.6

9. Man with Many Voices

Man with Many Voices

unfortunately still nothing in 6.6 :(

10. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

If you have nothing in your v6.6, then you'll probably have to re-install the FULL download. If you have your original v6.0 or v6.6 download( over 230MB ) then go ahead and install it, then make sure your content shows, then upgrade to v6.8 again. If you do not have your original download, find your order and download it again. Go here to find your download. Make a backup!

As an alternative, there is an Admin offering free online help. You can read his article here.

11. Man with Many Voices

Man with Many Voices

the upgrade was sent to me via a link from Marc (when i upgraded from 5.2 to 6.6) because when i tried to upgrade to from 5.2 to 6.6 it wouldnt allow me so Marc sent me 6.0 to start again then i upgraded to 6.6.......that link 6.0 has since expired. hope you can keep up lol thanks :)

12. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

I'm keeping up, I think. Okay, so you need to go through all that again (unfortunately) with Marc. Go to the link above to find your download and scroll all the way to the bottom and there is a link to contact Marc. You can reference this thread, and/or explain it all to him. Sorry you're having such trouble. Most of the time the upgrade works just fine. Do take this into account...backup all your files after you get this fixed. Backup the download file and backup the content and backup any content you create periodically. Let us know if you have trouble contacting Marc. Take into account it is the weekend.

13. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

A FRIENDLY REMINDER! Back up all original purchases to a thumbdrive, or some other source like another hard drive... it will save you tons of time. I copy all my download over to a thumbdrive jst for Laaghingbird stuff. I also copy my Laughingbird documents folder every couple of weeks to my backup thumbdrive.... tdbu.JPG

KD-did likes this.