Unlock Code

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by EagleWing, May 20, 2006.

1. EagleWing

EagleWing

I purchased TLC5 today. On the Digital River invoice it stated "Unlock Code not available" but the software demands an unlock code everytime I open it. I'm wondering if I've been ripped off?

I E-mailed Namo (who advertised the software on their site) and Digital River who'se reply was less than helpful.

Can anyone here help me on this?

Frank Lane

2. KD-did

KD-did

Namo won't be able to help you, he can not generate a code. There maybe some sort of a delay because of buying it from Namo's site in Digital Rivers part because of fund transfers.You should be getting an email from Laughingbird also..you should be able to look up your purchse and get a code. Did you use Paypal? You will have to send a PM to laughingbird so he can help you but his hands are tied until Digital River reports.

http://www.thelogocreator.com/orderlookup.htm

3. EagleWing

EagleWing

I looked up the purchase where it clearly says "Unlock Code unavailable" It says that on the Namo site and on the Digital River site. I didn't use Paypal - I paid by Credit Card. What I find interesting is that there are posts on exactly this problem going back several years. Why hasn't it been dealt with by now?:rant:

I should mention that I seem to be able to use the software (or at least haven't found any restrictions yet). It's just the nuisance value of being asked for a code which the vendor failed to supply.

4. KD-did

KD-did

There was a previous retail version that didn't have a need for a key and when they updated the program then asked for a key hence most of the post about keys.Since that first retail version Marc has taken control over things so there is continuity for Laughingbird Software all requiring a key. Just send a PM to laughingbird and provide him with the order number so he can take care of the problem.

5. blackknight

blackknight

I can't attest for Digital or anyone else as I haven't done business with anyone else but if you are dealing with Laughingbird, you won't have any problems. Marc is usually very fast and will see to it that you get your unlock key. I think alot of posts in the past was because people didn't buy the software thru Laughingbird direct and anytime you buy thru a third party, you have to go thru channels. Marc cannot do anything until he knows about. Don't send an e-mail as that gets filled up quickly but rather send him a PM. You can do so by clicking on the Laughingbird icon in the forum. By the way, welcome to the forum and hope you stay and get the most benefit with your software by your involvement with the forum.

6. FYi_Faith

FYi_Faith

Different Problem with Unlock Code

Hi there - I downloaded the trial version last week and I purchased the sports package today - the instructions say to click on the Unlock Code at the welcome screen when starting up the logo software, but this is not an option on my welcome screen - all I have is Trial Version, Buy, or License - there is no place to input my Unlock Code - any and all help will be appreciated :)

Thank you in advance for the help.

7. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hello EagleWing.

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles.
    This is not Namo's fault - as the software is being cross promoted through DigitalRiver (we both are vendors in the DigitalRiver arena. DR is our eCommerce provider).

It is most likely a database error.
    I have written to them - by now, I'm sure you've heard back from them. In the case that you haven't see a PM from me. I've provided you with an unlock key.

FYi_Faith: You have a little different issue.
    You're using the Trial version. There is no unlock key to enter. You'll need to purchase the 40 logos that come locked inside the program. Unlocking the trial version (which you can do directly from within the trial version) will provide you an unlock key via eMail.

Hope this helps!

- Marc

8. KD-did

KD-did

Also in case your ISP happens to make that email disappear you can look up your order and get your key
    .http://www.thelogocreator.com/orderlookup.htm

Get your order download, unzip and install it. When installed you will see an icon on your desktop. When you click on the icon a welcome key screen should appear.

9. FYi_Faith

FYi_Faith

Marc:

I purchsed the Sports Package this morning - do you mean I also have to purchase the program?

Thank you for the help,

Faith

10. EagleWing

EagleWing

Thank you, Marc. I have received the unlock key from DR and am really happy with the software!

Frank

11. KD-did

KD-did

You have to download and install the Sports Package that you bought.

12. FYi_Faith

FYi_Faith

I did :) it was added to my templates in The Logo Creator 5 - are they two separate programs?

13. Mr Laughingbird

Hi FYi_Faith.

Sorry, I'm very confused.
    You have downloaded the trail version and The Sports Pak?

The Sports pak, when installed, should ask you for an unlock key. This key should come in an eMail after you've submitted your credit card through the online store.

The Trial version is different.
    You can purchase an unlock key from within the trial version

If you've already purchased the Sports Pak - KD is correct, you should now download it from the download page.

Help us here with a little more detail.
    I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding you.

- Marc

14. KD-did

KD-did

They aren't 2 separate programs exactly....they are 2 parts of the same program. Did you path the installation or did you just click through the process?

If I am understanding it correctly the purchased package was pathed into the DEMO.

15. Mr Laughingbird

Glad to hear this EagleWing.
    I appreciated your follow up.

- Marc

16. FYi_Faith

FYi_Faith

KD: - I just clicked through the process and it was pathed into the demo.

Marc:

I have the trial version (downloaded last week) and purchased the sports pak this morning.

Thank you for the help

17. KD-did

KD-did

I would do an uninstall of both the demo and Sports edition. Either unzip and re-install your Sports Edition (if you need to a new download of Sports the link above)...and after it is installed re-download and install the DEMO. That way the demo should be able to be pathed or path itself into your Sports edition.

18. KD-did

KD-did

I am sure Marc is looking into why that happened as this hasn't in the past. You may want to hold off on the DEMO re-download for a couple of days until things get sorted out. Your Sports edition doesn't need the DEMO installed to work.

19. wacki56

wacki56 Super Mod

Not to step on any toes *wink*, but the term "STAND ALONE" should be used here, as ALL the Paks are individual "STAND ALONE" programs, and don't need anything else to work.

Bill

20. KD-did

KD-did

Thanks Bill .."STAND ALONE" is absolutely the right term.Teach me to answer when I have 14 things going at once...:hangin: