1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

unable to start the photorealistic module: unable to use the software

Discussion in 'The eCover Creator' started by ackab, Apr 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ackab

ackab

I have a toshiba satellite laptop with winXP home and an NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 .

The first of the three applications of the package works well, as well as the flash module.

However when I launch the photorealistic module, I get a popup window from NVdia OPENGL Driver that says:

"Driver components mis-match. Exit is the only option"

When I click OK the application quits.

The software is completely useless for me without this module. Many thanks for support

2. ackab

ackab

Solved

After a little research on google, I de-installed the nvidia drivers from the control panel/application management, and the error is gone.

I'll let you know if I have further problems or questions. Great to have a forum of other users to share experiences with!

Cheers-Ackab

3. ackab

ackab

Looking great

:Painting:

It's looking FANTASTIC!!!! I can't wait to pull out my first software box.

Cheers-Andrea

:cool:

4. KD-did

KD-did

Thank you for updating your thread.

5. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

excellent venturing ackab, hope we can see some of your output work:Painting:

cheers

6. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Andrea (ackab)...
    Thank you very much for taking the time to re-post here.

I'd love to see your eCover.
    Can you point us to it?

I too have na nVida card - I'll do some testing on this end as well.

- Marc

7. ackab

ackab

Hi Laughinbird and all, thank you for the warm welcome. It will take a while to master the thing but for sure I will post here when I have done something. I'd hate to build up particular expectations as I am just an humble webmaster/developer with graphics skills near to zero, but the software itself makes me confident that I should pull out something at least acceptable. Then, criticism from expert members might drive me to something good, I hope. So thanks again and see you here in a while. Cheers-Andrea

8. blackknight

blackknight

CHEERS, and welcome from me as well

9. ackab

ackab

first trial

Thank you Blackknight! OK, this is the my first 'creation'. It's really not sophisticated, but it allowed me to go through a full production cycle. I should say the tutorial by HomeBiz was invaluable, I would not have been able to do this without the tutorial and the templates provided. Any suggestions on how I might spice it up to look more professional are most welcome! My ideal model is the software box of the ecover creator itself, I'll now look closely at this to grab some ideas.

I have a question: once I am in the fotorealistic module, can I tune some parameters such as for example the opacity of the shadow, of the vertical 'mirror' effect? In this case for example I would like to have the shadow somewhat less pronounced, while the mirror effect is barely visible, I'd like to enhance it a bit. Thanks! Cheers-Andrea

[​IMG]

One

10. ackab

ackab

By the way, for me this image alone is worth the price of the whole ecover software package. Amazing quality/cost ratio. Cheers-Ackab

keep drawing...

11. blackknight

blackknight

I am not one who is into the e-cover yet so I can't answer some of your questions but I think you did a very nice job at it! But if you don't mind, I would like to offer some suggestions. I like your choice of colors but I would limit the amount of different fonts. A very nice combination would be 2 fonts and you can achieve different results with thick/thin; upper/lower case. A couple of fonts can be used in different combinations to look like more but keeping with the continuity of the whole design. Paying attention to the small details, is another; I know I am guilty of this and have been corrected. The shadows on Bio Web are greatly pronounced and to the right while some of the other shadows on the other lettering go in a diferent direction and the whole continuity of the shadows don't look right. Some smaller lettering is heavier with the shadows and some larger lettering is lighter. Study this and you will see what I mean. You don't have shadows on some things. My point is: less is more and again, if you were looking at an actual box in a retail store where would the shadows on the lettering come from? The lettering is ink and embedded in the paper of the box! Just something to ponder on. Overall you did a wonderful job on the box. Not bad for a first try. Study other boxes you see and pick out what you notice to be good and what looks like it doesn't belong.
    Greg

12. ackab

ackab

Blackknight, this is really the kind of advice I was looking for. Everyone of your suggestions, the shadows, colors, fonts, is a great value, many thanks for this. I'll take some time to look at other boxes closer. Best-Andrea

13. ackab

ackab

Is there a way I can enhance the mirror effect? It defaults to barely visible. Thanks!

14. ackab

ackab

second trial

Tried to apply some of the blackknight suggestions

[​IMG]

15. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

Excellent! looks more uniform and professional :banan:

16. ackab

ackab

Thank you cybrnetico!! I should learn to use the software AND I should learn graphics basics: any further hint welcome here.

Concerning the mirror intensity issue, should I guess I have no way to tune it? I'll survive to this (life is tough.. [​IMG]) but an answer on the topic would be most appreciated. Cheers-Andrea

17. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

ackab,
    unfortunately I don't have ECC at work, but I would look into when I get home :)
    and check on mirror option

18. ackab

ackab

Great Cibrnetico!!!:thankyou:

19. ackab

ackab

I am starting to get into it. I love this software!

:cool: :Painting:

20. blackknight

blackknight

The other thing I would suggest is to watch your alignment. Your box looks alot better but now you have lettering not centred and some of it is running off the side of the box. Good job, your getting there. Glad your having fun with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.