unable to open. You Probably Selected a folder that's not a template Folder

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by n2rga, Jul 5, 2016.

1. n2rga

n2rga

get this error
    unable to open. You Probably Selected a folder that's not a template Folder
    In the same spot. If I deleted the image that is saying there is a problem the image next to it does the same error.(image that moves to the left.
    and from that image to the end (bottom) of the images If I open a image the Image to the left of the one I wanted Opens.
    error.PNG
    I'm going to do a video be back....
    Done watch the cursor what I'm pressing the left image is opening
    The good images is the Green Allergies Database the next image is where it starts going bad

2. n2rga

n2rga

I have a SSD on C so I moved the Documents to D (5Gig) I have a large Documents folder due to all my website work folders are in it.
    They all open up fine if I move one over to pick it.
    I moved everything that is not opening correctly and then copied one more directory back into the folder and its doing the same thing. I have over 193 directories with the ones I moved out total was 246 directories LOL Man I was busy with this program Love it. <3

>if it has more than 1 tlc file- it's pretty much done, and useless.
    Can you elaborate more on more then 1 tlc file
    doe it duplicate the tlc file when going bad?

3. n2rga

n2rga

Question trying to reduce the directories in my templates by making separate directories for each Website and Person I did templates for.
    When I load the template after moving them and then go back to another directory it asks me if I want to save them.
    Is this what you mean and how can I move them with out having to save them again and over writing them and is that the only way?

4. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

What I do is go to the /Laughingbird Documents/Logo Libraries/ folder and create separate folders for all my clients. When I work on a logo for a particular client I make sure and 'Save a Version' to that folder!

When I start TC7, my clients folders are shown in the Template menu on the left hand side. Works great!

As far as moving things right now. You can do what I did, and manually move things, but as Glenn pointed out, things can go horribly wrong! Be careful! Or, you can simply load each template and 'Save a version' after creating your Client folders. Takes a while. Much safer!
    Good luck!

tc7.jpg tc7a.jpg

KD-did and snginc like this.
  5. n2rga

n2rga

That's exactly what I did I open the Template (and by the way they don't have the directory info at the top of the template)
    when I quit because I'm done it asks me to save it with a file name. Do I save it with a new Directory File name and delete the original one?
    here is a vid of it

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  6. n2rga

n2rga

I saved one to the same directory and it saved it into My Templates Directory tried it 3 times same results
    as I said before if I don't even change anything it wants me to save it just can't in the same directory.
    Is this a bug or design.
    How do I fix this.

EDITED: I re- read the posts and you saying keep the templates in the separate folders save a version then work on them in the My Templates folder so now instead of the template being in the client's folder it now a second template in the my templates folder that I have to make sure the name is different then copy back into the client's folder.
    Seems like a lot of extra steps. why not have multiple My templates folders by design. Press make new folder name it the client's name and work on the template in that folder, and it will auto save.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  7. n2rga

n2rga

Understood. But still think an option to make more my template directory is a good Idea.
    But I will give it a try.
    thank you

8. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

You can do it either way. I do it like Glenn does it. Works great. However, in the past, I did have multiple My Templates directories and renamed them as needed just as your suggesting. That works, but for me it just got to complicated. Do it either way if it works for you. Then just stick with what you are comfortable with.

KD-did and snginc like this.
  9. snginc

snginc

That's exactly what I do and it has made things so much easier for me.

I keep my templates folder under 99 files by moving them to a new library folder. I name the folders old templates 1, 2, etc I'm up to old templates 7 so that means I have created over 700 graphics!

n2rga and gunsmoke like this.