Unable to Export

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by Bravos, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Bravos

Bravos

I'm a new user starting with v.6.
    Made a useful start and worked out the difference between saving a Template and Exporting the finished images. Successfully exported several .jpg and .png images.

Today I find I cannot Export in any format. I am Exporting to a specific file location but nothing is saved.

A thought has just occurred to me: the latest work has been quick and dirty stuff made from scratch without using a template, i.e. start with blank canvas, import an image, put some text over it and then Export.
    Is the lack of a Template relevant?

If not, I'm back at the basic question: what happened to my Exports?

Stop Press.
    Just found that I can Export as .jpg to Desktop - but not to a specific folder. So I had to Export then move the file into the required destination.
    Is this normal?

Regards

2. KD-did

KD-did

Yes...export your file to the desktop then move it to a folder.

3. Bravos

Bravos

So why was I able to Export directly to specific folders previously?

Puzzled..

4. KD-did

KD-did

My guess is that you had also saved it as a template... I am only guessing here

5. serviceall

serviceall

Wait. Are we talking about The Logo Creator v6?

I can save them wherever I want to save them. Doesn't matter if I save as "My Template" first. So I'm a bit confused.

6. KD-did

KD-did

There is a difference between a save and and export. The question was ask to clarify to what happened...what the member recalled happening....

7. serviceall

serviceall

Forgive me for confusing you. I'm also able to EXPORT an image anywhere I choose.

8. Katia

Katia

Hello,
    I have the same problem. Once I create a logo I'm unable to export it to any folder on my computer. The only place I am able to export is on my desktop. Why is this happening?
    As for now I want to export as a transparent png but it's not working - just able to export on desktop.

Please advise asap. Thanks! :)

9. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

For right now, export it to a usb drive, that should work.

10. serviceall

serviceall

Is this The Logo Creator v6? What operating system are you running? Are you on a Mac?

11. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

12. Joseph Mills

Joseph Mills

I have updated Adobe Air and am using v6 on Windows 7....I have a transparent image and added text underneath it....When I try to export as png it doesn't show up where I try to save it, including Desktop.....

13. Evie Fox

Evie Fox

I am also having problems exporting. Only to desktop. Banners not downloadable to my website.
    Today I am not able to open any templates at all. What is going on?

14. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

1. Do the templates show up in your pull down menus?
    2. Do you see thumbnails of the templates?
    3. Is there any chance you may have moved your LAUGHINGBIRD DOCUMENTS folder out of your main documents folder?
    4. Have you recently installed any sort of silly "save my PC" software?
    5. Are you talking about premade templates, or ones you have bought?

1. If the templates do not show up in your pull down menus then the default location of the laughingbird documents folder has been changed. IT MUST BE LOCATED HERE: C:\Users\whatever your name is\Documents\Laughingbird Documents (It must be in your main documents folder.

2. If you see a little tiny square instead of the thumbnail, then a file or two in the template folder hasbeen edited in an outside program such as photoshop. For the thumbnails to appear in the pulldown menues they must be in a PNG format. Others in the past have save stuff in photoshop in the PSD format, which results in the tiny little square box showing up where a template should be (The logo creator is saying "WTF????? I know there is a picture here but I don't know how to read it's format!!!"

3. See #1

4. There are programs being advertised on tv that are supposed to "speed up you PC" or "Stop the blue screen of death" stuff like that. First of all, they don't work. Second of all, they often prevent real live honest to goodness programs from working. If you recently purchased something like that, reboot your computer into safe mode, uninstall the program, and ask for a refund.

5. Look for the A1wow TEMPLATE You should see just about the same stuff you see in the attached pix. Pay particular attention to location of the logo template folder.

There could be other reasons, which involve SSD's (Solid state drives), having more than one hard drive, and having multiple users, with different user accounts- but lets start off with the usual suspects first.

Answers 1,2 and 3 are the most common reasons.

15. Evie Fox

Evie Fox

Thank you. Yes, I had moved it from the default document folder! Easy when you know how! one other problem. I bought Photo Objects but I believe I did not download within the time frame quoted ( I was moving house ) I cannot find it in any document folders on my mac. Is there a way to revert to enable me to download please?

16. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

You have to contact Marc, the owner.... with all your order info.... marc@laughingbirdsoftware.com

17. Enoch

Enoch

Having recently downloaded the new version and after watching the tutorial i saw that my version is missing the export feature. I can create but i can't export.Is that by design because if it is then the The Logo Creator version 6.6 software has no practical application for me or what am i missing..

18. KD-did

KD-did

Things have changed in V6-6.6.Export has been replaced with "Save/Save as" found under file. The other change is modifying
    is now "Option".

19. Enoch

Enoch

Thanks for replying however when attempting to .."save as JPG" to my pictures folder I encounter this message....."Cannot save an image inside a template directory. Please choose a different location."

20. tdisraeli

tdisraeli

Same problem here and still haven't received a reply from support.