Trying to update to 7.0

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Updates' started by Matt Phillips, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Matt Phillips

Matt Phillips

Hey Folks,
    I wanted to upgrade to 7.0 via the free update but when I download the update it is an Adobe.zip file, I don't have a single program on my windows 10 computer that knows what an Adobe.zip file is. Matter of fact I have never heard of an Adobe.zip file, I contacted Adobe via Chat and they stated it doesn't exist, what is my computer doing wrong, any help is much appreciated?

Thanks

Matt

2. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

https://laughingbirdsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Go to the Support Desk and click the link that says 'Please submit a support ticket here.' Glenn will fix you up.

What may be happening is that your computer is setting the Adobe Reader as a 'default' for .zip files. It doesn't read zip files, but that does happen. If you have zip software on your machine, either winzip or 7zip, then simply right-click and select 'Open with' and select software already on your computer, then select your zip utility. There are many free that you can install under windows.

That said, easiest way is to go through the support desk and make sure you have a good download of the update.

That said, there is a NEW update to v7 coming out soon. Marc said it should be this week! So, you may just want to wait a day or two and get the NEW update. It will be a free update. If not, go ahead and open a support ticket, get the update, then you'll know what to do when the new one comes out.

Either way, post back if you still need more help.

snginc and KD-did like this.
  3. Matt Phillips

Matt Phillips

UPDATE!
    If you can't open .zip files in Windows 8.1 or 10 then you need to do the following.
    1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Open Default Programs.
    3. Open Associate A File Or Program Etc.
    4. Scroll Down Until You See .ZIP FILES, Click Change Program In Top Right Of Screen And Select FILE EXPLORER.
    5.All Done And Fixed....

snginc, gunsmoke and KD-did like this.
  4. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Thanks for posting that Matt!