1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Trouble with Mac Version

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by greenphd, Mar 9, 2009.

1. greenphd

greenphd

HI-
    I just downloaded the software and I'm having one major problem. I can't seem to get the ebook image to look the same way it does when I create it. I've attached an image of what it looks like when I render it (squished) and I've attached an image of what the front cover should look like. What am I doing wrong? I read some threads about importing and saving it as a txt file. I just didn't see where those options were. PLease help. I'm disparate.

Attached Files:

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi greenphd.

Very odd.
    This may be a memory issue... don't know.

Try limiting the size (for testing purposes).
    When you export (by hitting the little camera icon from the 3D screen), you'll get a default size.

Reduce the size by half (example: if the default is 420 X420 ... reduce the numbers to something like 210x210).

Name your file with the extention.
    Example "MyFile.jpg" or "MyFile.gif"

Also, reduce 'dpi' if you're able to.

IF this fails, -- for now, download a screen capture utility. There's a ton of freebies out there on Google. Take a screen capture of the box. I know it's clunky, but until I can figure this out - that should work.

Keep us posted !

Marc

3. greenphd

greenphd

Unfortunately, it still didn't work. Another thing that keeps happening is "unexpected error" and the program just turn itself off randomly. What can I do to fix this?
    Best,
    Alexandra

4. KD-did

KD-did

Did you do a repair permissions after installation of WGC?

5. greenphd

greenphd

I'm not sure. How do I do this?

6. seanpmac

seanpmac

GreenPhd,
    I have had problems with this software from day one,crashing, I actually gave up with it,some things worked others crashed or never produced,I waited along time for another version that never seemed to get updated...also ad creator wasn't a home run for me either....

Now that all said...logo creator makes up for everything..and showcase creator is very nice as well. Also looking forward to the next few wed.'s.... Im hoping that the animated logos swf will be Actionscript 3 , Overall Marc does a great job but a couple of titles were duds for me on the mac side.

Well thats my take..

Sean

7. KD-did

KD-did

Sean did you do a repair permissions after installing WGC? Most who have reported issues had no issues after repairing permissions!

Repairing permissions is an easily run "disk utility" that is recommended by Apple to be run when programs don't run smoothly or after installation of programs. The programs are written on a Mac they are not modified for a Mac .
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1452

8. KD-did

KD-did

I leave the Disk Utility icon (hard drive with stethoscope) in my "dock" at all times. Simply click on the icon , highlight drive by name then choose to "repair permissions" and let the utility run until you see a permissions repaired complete message appears.

If you don't already have an icon in your dock GO>>>Application>>>Utility...click on the hard drive with stethoscope