Trouble switching between fonts

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by beatnik, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beatnik

beatnik

I already made the logo a long time ago but want to recreate it in TLC. I am having trouble with TLC not allowing me to switch to the fonts I want to use.

If you go to http://beatnikcafe.com you'll see how I want the logo to look.

2. KD-did

KD-did

Fabulous looking logo!

What program did you use to create the logo with originally? What platform are you? You should be able to re-create it without problem as long as ALL the necessary fonts are in either your OS's MAIN font folder or in embedded font folder.

If it is a case where the fonts are on your computer but they don't work in TLC ... do your text with a third party software that can use the font and save it as a png and import it as an image file.

3. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

I notice your logo is in embedded in flash. Did you create the website? If you did is the logo an embedded eps file? I have an idea and can make you a high res PNG file of your logo....Thanks!

4. KD-did

KD-did

If I am not mistaken you will need to use the font "Ariel Black" for the word "Beatnik" to recreate the logo exactly .Ariel by itself can't be made to look bold in TLC . Having Ariel Black installed to your system's main font folder you should have no problems duplicating the logo exactly .

5. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

I see what i can do when I get home in a few hours:image02-2:

6. KD-did

KD-did

Here is my knock off of your logo using the Ariel Black font. The secret to this logo is to do each letter in the word cafe separately. I have taken the liberty of sending you the .tlc file to your email address so you can see how it was constructed or fine tune it as necessary. To view it correctly the 2 necessary fonts have to be on your computer and functioning correctly or your computer may make substitutions. Macs will not display the Bernard Fashion nor Ariel Black correctly so your only option is doing the text in a 3rd party software and importing it as an image if you are using a Mac. If you are using a PC there will be no problem viewing all the text correctly if you have them on your computer. If need be I can provide you the text as images to import onto a TLC canvas,

7. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

Looks Good KD!

8. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

Did not use TLC to recreate (new hard drive:dembarrased:) but I can export each element as a High large png at your request....

Attached Files:

• bnc.gif
      bnc.gif
      File size:
      11.8 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.