Trouble Exporting SWF

Discussion in 'General Support' started by gunsmoke, Jun 4, 2014.

1. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Anyone having trouble? I know ( or at least think ) I did this before.
    I just created a design, including an swf file...I select Export swf and it lets me select a filename and location, acts like it's doing it, but then nothing. If I go to the directory where I tried to export it, it's not there. I've saved a version of the file, looked at that folder and all the components are there including the swf, I just can't get the finished product to export. No error messages, nothing. Using Win7. Any ideas ??

2. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Well, I seem to be able to export an SWF if it has a FLASH effect ( such as fireworks ) but not if it has a flash video. Still working on it . . . I thought FLASH was FLASH as long as it was an SWF file. But I guess not . . .

3. KD-did

KD-did

If I am understanding what you are doing my XP does seem to export an animated file with and imported fireworks film...can't show here as even zipped it is too large. Check email.

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

flash video has a different file extension (flv) could be a problem,,, I only know what mr google tells me...

5. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Well, it started as an .flv and that may be the problem. I have a converter that turned that .flv into an .swf

But it's still kaput. I am going to try a few other converters when I get a chance and see if there are any differences. Obviously though, even though the converter is changing it to an .swf file, it's not the same type file or there is some difference that the program is not liking. I'll keep you posted if I figure this out . . .

@KD-did: Thanks for the file. Got it. I'll have a look later tonight. I wasn't really looking for fireworks or anything (though I'll take take anything I can get. I'm greedy that way...) I was just commenting that I could import the flash .swf fireworks file, and I could import the .swf video flash video file I had, but I cannot export the finished product. My main concern was not that it did not export, but that it seemed to work, but didn't. No error message or anything. It just ran, then when you go to the directory you thought you saved it in, there is nothing there.

6. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hey Lance... do you have the latest version of TLC?
    v6.6 had issues exporting .swf files. v6.8 should work okay.

if you are using v6.8 -- then yes, it's probably due to the .flv to .swf conversion.
    I'll check this on my end...

Marc

7. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

It's v6.8 I've yet to try another conversion. Been pretty busy. I'll keep ya'll posted...

Attached Files:

• tlc.jpg
      tlc.jpg
      File size:
      54.9 KB
      Views:
  8. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Thought I'd do a quick update here. Still working on this ...

@Marc: It is a conversion problem with not saving. There is a $40 utility I could get that converts an mp3 (or any other sound file) to flash and when that file is added then TLC will export the saved flash with the audio. No problem. Even if you combine multiple flash files.

A quick question here...when I add a sound flash to TLC it begins playing right away. No way to stop it. Even if you close the open template the sound continues to play. Even if you drop to the desktop and delete the flash file TLC continues to play it. You have to exit TLC to get it to stop. Any way to fix that?

Okay, TLC is GREAT for adding and combining pictures and flash, including the moving backgrounds. You can export it as a FLASH swf file. But it's not compatible with youtube. Any way to can add an option to save/export directly to youtube? Maybe save as an flv? Or is the license to much for that?

9. Jeremy Page

Jeremy Page

I'm having trouble exporting to swf as well. I'm running v6.8 on a Mac with OS X Mavericks, Intel Core i-5, 16GB Ram and plenty of free space on the HDD. I didn't have trouble exporting to swf until today. I had some updates pending, so I installed those, shut down every other program, rebooted and still can't export. The dialog comes up and it acts like it's exporting but no file appears. I tried creating a new template and still nothing.

10. Jeremy Page

Jeremy Page

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still can't export to swf. Can export to png just fine.

11. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Marc might have to answer this one. My understanding is that MAC doesn't support flash so I'm not sure how that would work since an swf file is flash. But, what I have found is that certain swf files will cause TLC not to export. No error given. My advice would be to try importing a different swf file to TLC, then try exporting. Seems some of my swf files work, some do not. Just depends on how the file was created. I'm still trying to figure out the difference.

12. Jeremy Page

Jeremy Page

Thanks for looking in on this, gunsmoke. The file I'm trying to export was created completely in TLC using the swf animated characters DB. I was reading another post with the same issue, and it was their anti-virus causing the trouble. Macs are touted as not being susceptible to viruses, but I had Bit Defender installed anyway. Uninstalled it, rebooted and still no go. I'll keep poking around, something's blocking the export. Thanks again.

13. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Right-O! If you were using the animated characters then it should have worked. I just double checked and it works for me, on a PC. I have some flash animations (fireworks and such) that work with TLC, but if I convert an FLV file to swf, I can import it and it seems to work, but then sometimes I can't export it. Sometimes I can. It just depends on the file and how it was originally encoded I think. Puzzling!

14. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

I think KD-did works on a MAC so she may have some input here. I think I remember there was a problem with one version of the MAC, but not Mavericks. Snow something or other . . .

15. Jeremy Page

Jeremy Page

Alrighty.....Interesting twist. So I was able to import the first SWF I made a few weeks back onto a new template...AND export it and it saved. What I was trying to do this evening was change the scale of them below 1, down to 0.7 and export. I am able to export to scale 1 or above, but not below 1. Which, maybe that's no biggie for now, but that would be a nice feature to have in the future. My issue is officially a non-issue - Thanks!

16. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Well, I'm glad that works for you. But the example I just tried with the animated character swf's I scaled down to .6 and they still work great. Maybe someone else will chime in this weekend, but I'm off to bed. Have to be in Chicago in the morning! Ugh! I hate traffic!! :bash: