Transparent Logo in document

Discussion in 'FUN and Sharing Forum for Non-Creator stuff' started by Sisouphanh, May 25, 2007.

1. Sisouphanh

Sisouphanh

I've managed to export a logo with transparent background. But every time I copy a logo into a document file, it still comes out with a white background. Does the TLC work only for Web Page design, but not for Business card, Newsletter, Stationary, etc? Thanks for any suggestions even I feel ignorant with these questions?

2. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Question...How are you making it transparent...please go thru the steps..maybe theres something your forgetting.

3. Sisouphanh

Sisouphanh

Transparency

When I exported my logo with PNG transparent to a folder and then I imported it back into TLC, it worked fine with a transparent logo. The problem was that when I wanted to copy the logo into my document file such as a letter, it still came out with white background. I would like it to be a transparent background so I could move the logo anywhere freely. I'm not sure I could explain this. Thanks

4. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Can you upload your image for us to look at?

5. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Try not copying and pasting into your document, but to insert it....just to see if that makes a difference.

6. Worlock

Worlock Guest

If you want it too I can transparent it for you..I know your trying really hard to get this down...And Randy said it best...try not to copy or paste...But insert it

7. Sisouphanh

Sisouphanh

Uploading logo

How? I'm very new to technology. Be gentle with me, please. Thanks

8. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Hit the button that says 'Post a Reply', then you'll get a new screen. In the middle of that screen locate the little button that looks like a paper clip, click it. It will give a screen where you can browse your computer and upload your image.

9. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Down below you will see a Quick Reply area...Below that is 2 web buttons (1-Post Quick Reply and 2- Go Advanced..Click this button...A screen will refresh and give it time you will see 2 areas.. A Section called Reply to Thread and below it "Additional Options" --- Look in there for another button called Manage Attqachments...Click it. Now another box will pop up and you will see the types of file names you can upload and an area above that where you can "Browse Your Computer" for 2 images to upload...Once you select "Browse" and find your image..Close the window.

***NOTICE***
    The Image can not be over 105.9kb in size...post your message along with your picture and your done :)
    Hope this helps you :D...cause we're trying to do just that for you..*Wink

10. Randy...

Randy... Guest

I'm going to let Worlock finish this with you --- we keep posting together.

11. Worlock

Worlock Guest

No...I'll back off...I was just waiting on a update on another post and saw this one...thought I would help out since your busy ( or so I thought :) )

12. Wicked

Wicked

Also I would suggest trying the Transparent GIF exportation option. Microsoft Hates PNGS in certain environments. As well be sure when exporting your image that the background is a different color from that of your image.. When exporting in a transparent gif be sure to hover your mouse over the color you want to be transparent when exporting.

13. Worlock

Worlock Guest

If all options arent working for this person...I suggest using an outside program ( if you have any .... ) like a paintshop program...I use an external program for making PNG's and transparent gifs because Ive had it long before TLC ( TLC does great! ) but Im just more comfortable using that which I have.

14. Sisouphanh

Sisouphanh

Thank you all for your helps. I really appreciated it. I got my problem solved by following some of your advices. Instead of copying the file, I inserted it as you suggested and it worked well. Now I enjoy TLC. It's good to have this forum who care to help out others in this area of interest. Thanks a ton.

15. Worlock

Worlock Guest

glad this is resolved...remember we're always here to assist in any way we can. we may not always have the answer, or even the right answer...but with patience and time...we'll try our best to get it solved in a manner that works...good day to you :)

16. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Patience is the key word --- Thanks for hanging with us and we're glad it worked out for you!