Transparent background

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by ezeeauction, Oct 23, 2007.

1. ezeeauction

ezeeauction

How do I produce a transparent background for my logos?

I can't seem to find anyway of doing this important task.

2. Zipper

Zipper

Welcom to the forum!
    First "save" your logo, then click on "export" and you will see ".png (transparent)" click that and you have saved a transparent logo...
    Hope this helps...

3. ezeeauction

ezeeauction

Aha!

Thank you.
    I tried exporting to png and gif transparent before and I still had a white background. I obviously didn't save it first?

4. Laurenv

Laurenv

Hi and welcome, maybe you didnt remove the white backing on your art prior to saving. If you click "modify" and then remove white backing then save your work. After that export it as a trans. png. I hope this fixes it for you.:SayingHi:

5. hisange123

hisange123

thanks so much!

6. wdemauro

wdemauro

Hi, I see the option to remove the white backing but it's grayed out... what am I missing? thanks
    Ah! found it... some element needs to be selected.

7. wdemauro

wdemauro

Ah! thought Ifound it..... , still only get "remove white backing" active when the backing (background) isn't selected... can someone post step by step?

8. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

you will find that when you view it lets say in windows picture viewer it will still show a white background but if you transport it into your required art work that you are working on then it will be transparent

i hope this helps you if not come back to the forum and i will send you a short tutorial on how it works

graham

9. wdemauro

wdemauro

Appriciate the offer of a tutorial, when I go to upload it into SL (second Life) normaly transparent backgrounds show as such but I can't shake the white box... still only get the option to remove the white backing on selected objects but not on the background itself...

10. KD-did

KD-did

Did you use another program to resize or to do other work to your image in between creating your image and uploading it?

11. wdemauro

wdemauro

No, it looks like there is another background I can't shake- even though I removed the white background- the option to color the background remains

12. mrwatcher1

mrwatcher1

Transparent Background ?

I also need help with the TRANSPARENT BACKGROUND .

I have been trying to figure this for years !

So I gave the posted directions above a try , I put an image on the TLC screen , then hit REMOVE WHITE BACKGROUND.

Now when you save, do you (SAVE AS) anything ..??
    cuz I just hit save ... then I hit EXPORT as TRANSPARENT GIF

But when I IMPORT that same saved image, and used a black backgroung, the image still had some white around it.

TLC will clean up most of the white background but there is still some left around the image ...

The image I used was something I found on the net, does that make any difference what file extention the image is
    (gif,jpeg etc.. (I did NOT make the image I used

I will be so thrilled if you can help me get this TRANSPARENT BACKGROUND to work , Like I said .. I have trying to figure this out for years .... years I tell ya

Thanks so much for all the great help ,

GREG

13. Randy...

Randy... Guest

It's not a perfect science.

Within TLC, to get a good, crisp, transparent image, you really have to start with images that have no background. Be careful, just because you don't see a background, doesn't mean it doesn't have one -- some mistake a white background as having none. Most .png files are transparent.

14. KD-did

KD-did

If there is no white in your image you can easily remove a white background using PhotoFilter..(FREE) in one step ...available at http://photofiltre.free.fr/download_en.htm.
    Launch the program, open the image file at the top next to the icon that looks like a Rubix cube..to the right you'll see checkerboard square,click on it (that is a mask that will remove all white in the image file). You now will see your image with a checker board...that area is now transparent it just shows the space the image occupies.You should be able to then color fill any area that you want white but the background will be gone Do as "save as" png.

15. Randy...

Randy... Guest

So, what's your trick when you have white in the image?

16. KD-did

KD-did

You can use a the magic lasso to do a cut and then paste onto a 'NEW' canvas.

17. mrwatcher1

mrwatcher1

Thanks so much KD ...

I have one more question , does it matter what (file extion) I use
    (jpeg-gif-png ) with my image to start with, then use that program above to remove the white background ...??

Should I start saving my images as png, instead of jpeg , which I usually do

does it matter ..??

Thanks so much , I'm going to download that program and give it a try .

GREG

18. KD-did

KD-did

Doesn't really matter what you save the images as when you download just when you are saving to use on TLC , so that you can have a transparency when you are finished.
    If there is just a small area of white you can always put a white square/ circle behind the area where you want to replace the white in TLC and if you don't want to fill or paint the white part in PhotoFilter after getting rid of the background..

19. mrwatcher1

mrwatcher1

Thank You

thank you ... thank you .... thank you ...thank you

did I say THANK YOU

I downloaded the program and am going to give it a try

Greg

20. theoldwiz

theoldwiz

Thanks for explaining, I finally get how to do this :image28: