Transparent background required

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by markfyans, Aug 29, 2014.

1. markfyans

markfyans

Hi Guys
    Once I have created my logo, how do I make the background transparent so I can upLoad just the logo?

I have looked around the site and the only answer I could find was to upload the logo to another photo editing software and remove the background that way. This answer was given years ago, so with the recent updates to the software, can TLC remove the background on its own?

2. KD-did

KD-did

TLC isn't an image editor at all so it is BEST to use an on-board or online image/photo editor for best results.When TRANSPARENT png doesn't work. Images come as they are....soemtimes with binding boxes that can be a problem TLC can't change the color of BLACK objects but can on other color pngs.There are many, many FREE editors available.
    https://www.bonanza.com/background_burner
    http://www.online-image-editor.com

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  3. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

This is how I get ride of the colored background, or when the canvas is formatted to something other than plain white.....

What is key here is to get a plain white background. When exporting as a transparent PNG (NOT JPG) the white background is ignored and does not show up when importing the image to a web site, or a powerpoint slide for example.

WHAT TO DO WITH TEMPLATES THAT HAVE BACKGROUNDS WITH COLORS OR SHADING:

DO THIS: select FORMAT CANVAS, Under the HUE value type in ffffff --- that changes the canvas color to white. Then export as a transparent PNG, TADA! NO BACKGROUND!

That method works for 95% of the logo templates--- for those that it doesn't work, after you format the canvas using the ffffff method you may end up have some stuff you can still see- it didn't turn white. Just select what you want deleted, then you will have a plain white background.

Some of the backgrounds have different parts to them, usually involving transitional shading, or different parts of elements that actually make up the background image, giving you the impression that the canvas is formatted to a particular image, when in reality you're looking at some images that are just sent to the rear, or behind the main elements of your logo.

Attached: the white boxy one was exported as a png, the nicer looking ones without the background was exported as a transparent PNG. I did the ffffff method on the waterco logo-- but it still showed a box in the upper right corner after I formatted the canvas to plain white. All I did was to select the box I could see, and deleted it.
    Slide1.JPG

color.JPG

4. KD-did

KD-did

Glenn, your images don't have binding boxes to begin with, so they aren't an issue. But on some occasions IMPORTED images have binding boxes that must be dealt with. And what you are doing may have varying results.

5. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

I was just testing it out on the pre made templates, I tried it on 10 of em and it worked every time.....

6. KD-did

KD-did

Binaryspider.png 2cracksLogo.png Try it with an import that has a binding box...The TLC pre-made templates have no background.
    Ever see issues with white items within an image when doing a transparent background?

An image like this may give you problems.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
    gunsmoke likes this.
  7. markfyans

markfyans

Many thanks for the replies.
    gcuneo2....I followed your instructions and it worked! Yay!!

My site has a green background so I wanted a transparent background for my logo. I also needed to have the logo in white text. I wasn't too sure if the text would disappear so I made the text slightly off white...and it worked a treat.
    Thanks guys.

gcuneo2 likes this.