Transparent background not a happening thing!

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by casey@sunris, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. casey@sunris

casey@sunris

Ok, I am a new user. I have made a logo and want to place it on a MS Access form. I have exported the logo to a transparent GIF. However, it always has the white background when I place the GIF on my form. It seems that it will not make a transparent background. I have searched the forums and tried what was suggested.

Any help is welcome!

2. KD-did

KD-did

Try touching your canvas with the eyedropper on white and then export.

3. casey@sunris

casey@sunris

I used the Set Background Color featuure and set the background color to white using the eyedropper as you suggested. When exporting to the transparent GIF, I used the eyedropper and clicked on the white background to be the transparent color. The resulting image still has a white background... ???

I have attached the resulting GIF.

Attached Files:

4. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

have you tried exporting as .png?
    and maybe replace shadow with a solid black copy of the text that you can place slidely offset to create shadow, that will leave you with a crispier .gif.
    :banan:

5. KD-did

KD-did

Looks like your clipart has the white background...try using the remove white backing under modify for the clipart image.

6. casey@sunris

casey@sunris

Well, it appears that the GIF background is transparent when I tried putting the image on a web page. It seems that importing the image onto an Access Form leaves the white background. I am working around this by changing the background in the logo to match the background on the access form.

I do not know why Access does not acknowledge a transparent background correctly...

Thanks for all the suggestions, they have given me some more ideas!

7. casey@sunris

casey@sunris

Katie,

I tried the remove white background you suggested on the clipart. Neat feature - I did not know it was there. However, when I tried it, alot of white is left behind - see attached sample. I know I can save this as a BMP and use Paint to clean it up if necessary, but is there something I am missing to get this image to not be so "pixelated"?

Attached Files:

8. Shelly

Shelly

Try this, R click save. import into TLC remove & white background.

Attached Files:

• a.png
      a.png
      File size:
      1.6 KB
      Views:
  9. Mr. Jingles

Mr. Jingles

Here's a handy tool online that I use from time to time converting file from one format to another. It does have a transparency function which works well on standard graphics but is lacking when it comes to editing photos:

http://www.myimager.com

10. wannapic2002

wannapic2002

try this one

Attached Files:

11. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

Good job wannapic,
    :beer: :beer: :beer:
    MD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.