Transparency not working

Discussion in 'General Support' started by guitarman2uk, Oct 9, 2014.

1. guitarman2uk

guitarman2uk

Hi,

I've just tried to export my logo with a transparent background - but when I open the saved file it still has a white background.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

2. KD-did

KD-did

Check again...you exported a transparent but said you are opening a saved file.

snginc likes this.
  3. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

How did you create the logo? Did you 'import' a graphic? Or use just the built in graphics? If you export a 'transparent png' then the graphics and text must be transparent. Good way to check is to bring up TLC and load your logo. Then change that white background to red. When you export, the red background will not export. If you cannot change the background, then that background is attached to one of the graphics you are using. To get rid of it, use Photoshop or GIMP. Then import the now transparent graphic back into TLC.

Let us know if you're still having problems. Upload you graphic if it is small enough so we can take a look at what you're seeing.

snginc and gcuneo2 like this.
  4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Another thing to consider: The JPG format simply does not support transparency. Gunsmokes comments are spot on.

Quite often when working on a logo I like to use photos for the background. My personal experience is that when using a photo in your background, in an exported logo, in the "transparent PNG" format, the photo background is not removed.

If exporting a logo where you formatted the canvas, say a nice dark blue shade, (I often use solid color backgrounds to help point out errors in graphics I imported that I manually removed the background in-- to show pixels I may have missed) when you open the logo in some other program, powerpoint for example, that background is automatically removed.

snginc and gunsmoke like this.