Too many issues

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by Chicago312, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Chicago312

Chicago312

I spent a good 2 hours working on a logo project last night. No it was not the first time I have used logo Creator..all had been working fine.

I get up this morning to work on it and Logo Creator won't open the template it gets to the "building logo screen" then it just sits there. Did I wait for it? Yep. After waiting for it to open 20minutes later I gave up. Yes I did try opening other logo templates I had created...they opened with no problem.

what happend?

Thanks

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hello Chicago.
    Thanks for the post.

There seems to be an issue when you add a "space" character directly after a word you type into the text field. If this space character is there when you save the file, the Building-Logo message appears and does not go away.

Solution:
    We have fixed this.

Pull down the "web help" menu and choose "Check for internet updates" ... or push the "Check for updates" button when The Logo Creator first launches.
    This update will fix your "building" problem.

This space (or ENTER character) messes up the read-in.
    Delete the space, and the problem is solved.

Let me know if this does it for you Chicago!

- Marc

3. rudefrosty

rudefrosty

Too many issues is not the word!!!The version 5 of the logo creator is junk!! You can make a good looking logo on it.... save it, but when it come time to opening the logo you made it is like opening the program using the .exe because your logo is not there. I wanted to convert to a .jpg file. So I went to the instructions on how to do so and it says to find some drop down menu....... There is NO DROP DOWN MENU!!!! There is not even a save option!! You just X out of the program and then it asks you if you want to save or not. I am open for ideas!!

4. Ohiosweetie

Ohiosweetie

hmmmmm, that's odd. I have drop down menus and save options in mine.

5. KD-did

KD-did

To have your logo in other formats you should Export your logo. Not save. There are many file format options available under the Export menu.

6. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Saving a logo vs Export

Hi Rude.
    Welcome to the forum.

Are you going to be like Triumph the insult dog? It would be funny if so.

But tone down the signature! I can't read your post without going into trance.

KD is correct.
    Make sure you Export your logo (as a jpeg, gif, bmp or PNG) to use your image on a web page or a Word doc. You should 'Save' your logo for later modification. Saving will offer you a ".tlc" file format. This can only be opened in The Logo Creator. You'll find the SAVE and EXPORT options under the pull down menus.

...Are you not seeing the FILE - MODIFY - and WEB HELP menus at all? Any chance on sending us a screenshot of what you see? (give us a flicker free screenshot!)

Hope this helps a bit.

- Marc