TLC V6.6 freezing. I have deleted Shapes.db................

Discussion in 'The Creator V 7 Bug Reports' started by The Biz, Aug 8, 2013.

1. The Biz

The Biz

I have deleted Shapes.db and I am still having problems with 'The Logo Creator v6.6'. I have made a few extra folders and saved some .PNG files and placed them in the proper directory so as to be able to be used for elements. Easy, no problem doing so. I also have V5.1, V6.0 and 'Web Graphics creator' and have done the same for each program. All are working just fine and all .PNG files are visible and selectable in all programs EXCEPT for V 6.6 which is freezing up when I try to select a .PNG file, but not in all folders. Some are working. I have checked every file in each folder and each file is a .PNG file. There are no other file types in the folder and all are smaller than around 200KB. I have verified that there is no problems with the other programs and am only having this problem in V6.6.
    Any suggestions or is this a bug with V6.6? Can you help????

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Search your entire computer for the following file AND DELETE IT! DS_STORE

Always open the program first, then the file / template.

It's also Thursday. Microsoft pushes out updates on tuesday night typically.... and the updates sometimes affect "stuff"....

3. The Biz

The Biz

OK, I did the search and found three of the files in, subfolders of 'Laughingbird Documents'. They were all deleted and then ran another search and none found. Started TLC 6.6 and same thing happens. I can make a screen capture video and post it to YouTube if that might help. To be clear, I have V6.0, V5.1 and Web Graphics creator that I have added the same folders and files to and they work perfectly. ONLY having this problem in 6.6.

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

The screen capture video would be fantastic!

5. The Biz

The Biz

OK. I made a quick video and put it :
    It is late and I need to leave tomorrow morning and will be back around noon. Please excuse the unprofessional look and stumble toward the end as it is late. I just wanted to get you something you could see and this should do the trick. Remember, 6.0 and 5.1 work just fine. I an only having this problem with 6.6.
    Thanks,
    James

6. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

The video is great-- saves tons of time.

I am experiencing the same problem.

The cartoon element directory works just fine in 5.0 (technically for me it's 5.2 with the updates), and 6.0. I can add the graphics to other programs like powerpoint, and I can access them and edit them in photoshop. Norton Antivirus has scanned the directory and didn't find anything. It also looks like you have added some "custom images" to the library (nothing wrong with that). I had the DS store file, and deleted it. I also had 1 jpg (pictures have to be in the png format to show up in the pulldown menues.

I have a backup copy of the cartoon characters from version 4.0 on another hard drive-- I am going to do some work on it.

The SHAPES elements in version 6.6 was doing the exact same thing-- but I figured out a work around using the shapes folder from version 5.0.

With versions 5.0 and earlier dont forget that the location of the element and logo libraries was not in the document directory as it is now. WHAT IS SIGNIFICANT ABOUT THAT YOU ASK????

You have nice clean copies of the element libraries! They can be easily copy and pasted into version 6.6 (Don't forget to delete that dang DS_Store file in those)...

I'll work on this issue later today.

NOTE: All the admins and moderators are volunteers-- I usually check things out first thing in the morning-- you may have to wait a day or two to get an answer.

7. The Biz

The Biz

I have solved the problem of TLC V6.6 freezing up. At least the reason it was hanging up. I found three .png files that when removed from the elements folders, allows the program to run correctly. If you add one of the files back, the program will freeze up. Funny thing is that these files are in the other versions of TLC and they do not cause the program to freeze. I have included the files that are causing this problem so you can investigate why they are causing the freezing.

Attached Files:

gcuneo2 likes this.
  8. KiwiSteve

KiwiSteve

I am having the same problem. I found one of these files, and deleted it and it doesn't make any difference. First thought it might be lack of RAM after viewing plenty of images (happens in Facebook too) so added 2Gb, but still no joy.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated
    Thanks
    Stephen

9. The Biz

The Biz

To gcuneo2. Have you had time to check on this freezing problem? Since I deleted the three files I mentioned, I have had no problems and am enjoying the program. It is working 100% perfectly. I am interested in your findings.

10. Florida1

Florida1

Hi everyone. Purchased TLC 6.6 yesterday and freezes up, and all the same problems with greying screen etc. like reported since April 2013. 5 months later and still no fix. Running windows 7 Prem. and followed advise to delete shapes db. This is a big minus for the developer, creating new add-ons and upgrades and not being able to fix such serious issue, repeating since half a year....
    I am excited and created already new headers and banners, and definitely expect to have a fully functioning program...until bang...closing all tabs and re-starting every time is a hazzle. Installed the workaround with the shapes.zip and seems now working ok, recommended by gcuneo2 in post on April 23rd - thanks
    The program is super and I love it, and it is important for credibility and reputation to resolve issues like this in a reasonable time. Hope that with next fix it will be resolved.

gcuneo2 likes this.