TLC not saving to correct location or with correct name

Discussion in 'The Creator V 7 Bug Reports' started by Bill23, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Bill23

Bill23

I downloaded v6.0 last night and immediately upgraded to 6.6. When trying to save, I can choose the option and location and it saves. However, when trying to find the files, I couldn't find them. No matter the file location I choose, TLC is saving to C:>Users. This is an odd place to save a file. Fortunately I know how to search for a file. Also, the file name I am choosing is not being saved. It is saving as my name.

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

What OS? Is there more than one user with their own log in on your computer?

3. Bill23

Bill23

I am running windows 7. The machine is setup for our Active Directory system but I am the only user besides the admin account. I rsn the install on my account. If it were saving to my account, I would understand but it is saving to the C:>Users directory.

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

By default you working logos are saved in a folder called MY TEMPLATES. In version 6.0 you are given many more options as to where you can save stuff.

SAVING and EXPORTING are 2 different animals.

Normally you open the program, work on a logo, and save it. When you save it it automatically saves it in a folder called MY TEMPLATES. what's nice about that? You get to see a thumbnail of it in the pull down menus. When saving a working logo to a unique location in version 6.0, but NOT version 6.6 (such as on another hard drive) you do not get to see the thumbnail in the pull down menu when you are viewing the MY TEMPLATES folder from within the program.

When saving a working template in 6.6 you are only given 2 choices: your desktop, or the MY TEMPLATES folder.

When you save to your desktop, your working logo is automatically saved in a folder called THE LOGO CREATOR TEMPLATES.

Let's say you open the program, you select OPEN TEMPLATE the BROWSE FOR TEMPLATE dialog window pops up and you navigate to THE LOGO CREATOR TEMPLATES.

Next, all you do is navigate TO THE FOLDER that has the name of the logo you want to open, and select OK.

The location of the logo elements, and logo libraries folders is non-negotiable. The absolutely must be in the location depicted in the attached file. I'm using win 8.1 (release preview) so your view may be slightly different, but what is important, is that you clearly understand where the location of the logo elements, and logo libraries are. Yours must be in the exact same location. Of course the "glenn" would be different on your system. good location.JPG

5. Bill23

Bill23

I just realized that I downloaded the Mac version of 6.6 and thought that was why I was having troubles. I uninstalled both 6.0 and 6.6 just now and downloaded the right versions. 6.0 works great. No problems with pulling up thumbnails, saving ,etc. However, 6.6 still won't let me save to the proper location and it doesn't pull up thumbnails. Somehow, it is not connecting to the proper folders. Is there something that I can do to get it to point in/look in the right direction? It's as if my logos or your templates are in a wrong location and 6.6 can't find them.

6. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

The location of the LOGO ELEMENTS and LOGO LIBRARIES is non negotiable.

In version 6.6 you only have two choices of where to save working logos: Your desktop or in the MY TEMPLATES FOLDER.

If your LOGO ELEMENTS and LOGO LIBRARIES FOLDERS ARE NOT IN THE LOCATION DEPICTED BELOW THEY WILL NOT SHOW UP IN THE PROGRAM!

good location.JPG

7. Bill23

Bill23

Just checked and the files are in the right folder. Here are the screen shots of TLC6.6 and my Documents. Like I said, with 6.0, it works just fine. It's only the upgrade.
    TLC-1.png TLC-2.png

8. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

FIRST DO THIS: SEARCH YOU COMPUTER FOR: .DS_STORE

NEXT: DELETE ALL .DS_store files you find.

THEN: Restart The logo creator, if it isn't fixed, then Delete 6.6 and reinstall.

Delete and reinstall. You have a corrupt installation / upgrade to version 6.6. All those little squares tells me the original logo templates are corrupt. 99.9% of this type of error is fixed with a delete / reinstall.

I purposely have one corrupt file in the attached pix- I use it for testing purposes.... Beee sure to look at the second pix as well-- you should have pretty much the same thing---- tem9.JPG

Each logo template has it's own folder. Depending upon what dd on paks you have you may not have the same contents.

h1.JPG

Below is the standard stuff you find in one of the premade templates.

h6.JPG

9. Bill23

Bill23

Still no luck. I have no .ds_store files on my computer. I do have the list of files shown above but when I go into the individual template (like a1Wow) the a1Wow.tlc file is a blank tile. I see the .jpg and .png files but nothing on the .tlc. Could this be a registry issue? I have deleted 6.6 and reinstalled it. Again, 6.0 works perfectly.

Thanks for all the help.

10. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

6.0 does not have any elements in the registry.