TLC Logo on my redesigned site!

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by jamirae, Apr 23, 2004.

1. jamirae

jamirae

TLC Lobo on my redesigned site!

Finally... I have launched my redesigned website using the logo that I created with TLC some months back! :banana

I still need to work on the "jazzing up" the internal pages of the site, but I think the main page turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself! :) I started with my logo and designed around it using the color scheme from the logo and all.

(okay, I haven't uploaded the logo gallery yet, still working on it, so if you actually go to the site don't be disappointed because you don't see any of my wonderful work.. hee heee).

Here's a screenshot of the main page:
    (constructive comments and critiques are always welcome!)

2. Lats

Lats Staff Member

Re: TLC Lobo on my redesigned site!

Totally agree, very nice job indeed - well done.

3. Eddy Killops

Eddy Killops

Your site is very impressive!!

You have done a wonderful job, very professional looking.

Great stuff.
    Eddy

4. jcwings

jcwings

I think it looks great! Very clean. Did you use a web page template? I'm working on a web site for the company I work for and have reached a creative block. Yours inspires me to keep trying.

5. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

Jami

Very cool, slick clean professional site. The old version was good, but this is much better. Pleases the eye. Great job.

Borpean

6. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Re: TLC Lobo on my redesigned site!

Wow Jami!

Terrific site design!
    I'm going to go check it out a bit more in depth!

I'm very impressed! The site layout and color scheme is excellent.

I give it 7 thumbs up!

- Marc

7. jamirae

jamirae

thanks, y'all!

JCwings... the way I usually set up my sites is I start with a template and then modify.. I usually end up with pieces I like from various templates and create some of my own graphics. I do it all in layered PaintShop files then create the raw HTML to make the layout exactly how I want it. (and I test in as many browsers as I can).

okay, end of my web design lesson.. didnt mean to get carried away there and bore you all with the details.. :)

Marc, don't look too deep at the site just yet. I'm working on some flash components to show my portfolio.. nothing fancy, kind of like a mini-slide show. And the subpages are pretty dull, but I really needed to get the new design up. So I'm a little embarassed since the subpages are pretty plain right now.

8. KD-did

KD-did

You go girl. Terrific stuff there!

9. lordzenn

lordzenn

I like you site the front page has a "clean" look which I like. Keep it up!!

10. SlartyUK

SlartyUK

I couldnt do any better myself that for sure.

try looking at the site in 1280 X 1024, i know probably not many users will use this res, but the logo moves off the bar, just thought you might like to know.

very cool site and very easy on the eye.

11. jamirae

jamirae

eek! thanks for pointing that out. I'll have to fix that! thought I checked all that, but must have missed one!

what browser are you using?

12. SlartyUK

SlartyUK

I.E 6 XP Sp2

I know its a pain, I use macromedia dreamweaver MX, and no matter how hard i try when i come to upload my page, there's always one or two spacers that need to be inserted etc, yours i just becuase you left the "testing text" in

:o)

13. jamirae

jamirae

SlartyUK..

can you help me out? I actually DO have my monitor set at 1280x1024, and that ws the setting when I did the screen shot. I cannot get the logo to go "off the bar" .. I've checked it in Netscape 7, Mozilla 1.4, Firebird, IE 5.5, IE 6.0 .. all on Win2000 though.

could you possibly make a screen shot for me so I can see what's going on when you view it? also.. what do you mean by "testing text"? I wasnt sure what that meant either. I dont think I ever had any of that in there. but.. please tell me what you mean so I can fix! I appreciate the feedback!

here's the link again:
    www.webimaj.com

thanks!
    Jami

14. SlartyUK

SlartyUK

Mis-Aligned bar

Hope this helps

Sorry I didn't notice that the text was a definition of imaj LOL

15. jamirae

jamirae

okay! I see the misalignment! thank you! looks like a font size issue.. probably can fix it by makin the 'definition' into a graphic rather than plain text.

hee hee.. and now I see that the "testing text" is what you mistook for my imaj definition. :D

THANKS! (can I ask you again to retest when I get a chance to fix that alignment issue? : o_please )

16. SlartyUK

SlartyUK

I think ,looking at it, that the Imaj description text is pushing down the bar, try resizing the Imaj text, -1pt should do it.

Hopefully then the Logo will pop up into place.

Give me a shout on msn athomewithlee@hotmail.com

and i will check out your updated site.

17. Elect

Elect

making moves

Well you did it. Your main page has a very clean look to it. Maybe a hint more color to accent the silver. The important thing is that the page isn't cluttered.

I'm learning how to use Dreamweaver and Flash as well.
    I've been busy learning Sony Vegas and character animation. I need to post some logos. I forgot how much I like TLC. Especially teamed with corelDraw.

18. deadmaus

deadmaus

Outstanding!