TLC files to Photo Shop files

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by prototype66, Dec 7, 2007.

1. prototype66

prototype66

Can I use a TLC file in Corel or Photoshop and still unlock the layers and change/manipulate the image?

2. 3DS

3DS

hey proto,

1. once you export your file out of TLC, it is "flattened" (no more layers; squashed into 1 layer)...

2. but yes, you may still open or import most all your TLC formats again into many other apps...

I've been able to open or (drag n drop) my files into following apps:

Photoshop CS3..............all formats
    Illustrator CS3...............all formats
    InDesign CS3................all formats
    CorelDraw X3................all formats
    CorelPainterX................only .tiff, .jpeg., .gif
    Alias SketchBook Pro 2....except .pdf

If you happen to have photoshop or corel, what's stopping you from creating your own elements and importing them to use into TLC?

Hope this helps.

3. prototype66

prototype66

lack of manuals for Corel. It is my first Corel program and I have never owned either one/. I just got CorelX3 and have not learned all of the system.
    So if I impors all three files from the TLC template I can unflatten it? Or am I starting from square one on my current project because my client wants to have a PSD file to modify if he needs to?

4. 3DS

3DS

If you MUST have a .psd (with layers) file of your logo, here's what you can do...

1) export each of your logo's element as transparent .png, then drag each element into PS and re-assemble it (on it's own layer)...or....

2) you could do it the ez way -
    a) just create a "new" doc in Photoshop (w/transparent BG),
    b) then drag & drop or open (from TLC library folders, from ur C:/) each element into PS work area;
    c) then create a new layer for each element you drag into your logo doc (good idea to rename each layer also),
    d) assemble your logo, "save as" a .psd, ​

Your dishes are done!

...oh yeah, change your image size from "Edit menu>Image Size" & "Save As" your desired format, for web use "Save for Web & Devices" for optimized sized documents

Hope this helps.

5. prototype66

prototype66

Thank you very much Mr 3 sir!
    That worked very well, much thanks indeed!

6. 3DS

3DS

Lol. You're very welcome, glad to help.

Sorry about mistake above, edit feature times out - to resize image:

goto Image menu>Image Size>make adjustments

Now you always have a working .psd (origional) file, to always go back and edit, and produce different versions, w/o starting all over, saving all efx, styles, etc.

:image28: