TLC: A Universal Binary??

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by greg1075, Mar 30, 2007.

1. greg1075

greg1075

Hello all,

I just purchased TLC for Mac and immediately installed the 5.1 update patch. My first reaction is that the programme is pretty slow. I briefly get the watch icon at launch (the only other app I have that does this is MS Office 2004 - which is non-universal binary and goes through Rosetta). I also sometimes get the spinning beach ball. There has been a couple of times when it kept spinning and I had to force quit / restart TLC. Does the application behave the same way for all you other Mac users? It is rather disappointing. Also, do I need to enter the unlock code that was given to me upon purchase anywhere in the app? (e.g. to remove any limitations or something like that) It doesn't seem so but I wanted to double check. If not, what is the purpose of the unlock code?

Thanks.

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

I use an external coding program called “Director” from Macromedia (now Adobe).
    The software is like a cousin to Flash.

The engine is not yet true Universal. I'm waiting for Adobe to update their software. Photoshop just went Binary so I'm sure the others are right behind.

I’ve not encountered the slow spinning ball you mention on my Intel Mac.

What version (what Logo edition) did you purchase?

You should be asked to enter the unlock key in when you first launch the software. You're not asked?

Hope to hear from you Greg.
    I want to help clear up this mystery – for both of us :)

Marc

3. greg1075

greg1075

Hi there Marc,

I had a feeling the engine of the app was not true Universal. I will patiently await for that to happen. :o) Any timetable?

Regarding the unlock code: no, I was never asked to enter it at any point. The first time I launched TLC (corporate edition v. 5.0) the app started and that was it. Please note that the first two times I started the app, I clicked the "check for updates" button and TLC unexpectedly quit both times. Now the function works properly and opens my browser to the TLC web page. I updated to 5.1 using the link to the patch provided in the forum.

Gregory

4. greg1075

greg1075

Just wanted to follow up.

Thanks,

Gregory

Also, is the corporate identity creator also not 100% universal?

5. greg1075

greg1075

Hello?

Any timeframe for a true Universal Binary? What's up with the programme not asking for my unlock key?

6. beatnik

beatnik

I used to run TLC on a G5 with 1GB ram and I often felt the program was slow, now on my Intel MacBook (only 512ram) it feels a lot better, mostly due to my computer being faster. I still wish the Logo Projects would load faster but I get a lot less of the spinning ball on my Intel machine.

7. Biskopen

Biskopen

I have the same problem as Greg1075. I am running a Mac Pro quad 2.66 with 4GB ram. I installed TLC 5 (download) and the Ad Creator V2. I was never asked for the code either(!). I have just downloaded the 5.1 update and will see if that makes a difference.

If the software is not pure Intel, then it will suffer via Rosetta. However, I understand that any software that is run via Rosetta on install, lets you know about it?

This is my first post BTW!!!!

Killer software!

8. greg1075

greg1075

I am pretty disappointed. We're in December and there's no still no Universal version available. All the other programmes I use have been converted a long time ago. The lagginess makes TLC a pain to use.

9. meinrosebud

meinrosebud

I'm using TLC on a Mac mini with 2 Gigs of RAM and while it takes a little bit of time to start up, I think it runs quite reasonably and within acceptable limits. A universal version should be a improvement in a great bit of software. :image28:

10. meinrosebud

meinrosebud

Update to my previous post, I'm using it on a 2.66 Ghz iMac now, and it is still acceptable, but a universal file would be great.

11. gflaten

gflaten

Still no Universal Binary

I think that shockwave or what it is made in is available in Universal binary. Tried to mail support, but got no answer.

I haven't bought TLC yet because of no universal.

-glenn