TLC 6.8

Discussion in 'General Support' started by n2rga, Mar 27, 2014.

1. n2rga

n2rga

Upgraded to the current version and a Little lost or maybe its a bug or just me.
    When Picking one of the 6.6 templates I created it asks for a new Name (thats fine figure so it goes into the new directory I picked in the Documents folder)
    heres were I'm a bit confused after picking the template and modifying the template I would like to save the template I look at the menu and there is no Save template in the menu just a save a version. So now I have to rename it again in a new name. the reason for accessing it was to change something on it not to make a completely new version
    I even tried one that is in the new directory in documents folder and same situation.
    In my humble option there should be a Save and Save as option.
    What do you think?

2. KD-did

KD-did

Have you tried using the VERSION save?

3. n2rga

n2rga

If I had it I would Just save a Version and revert in that section on the File menu

4. KD-did

KD-did

Check your holding folder you set up when you launched V6.8 the first time.... by name and then look at the saved TLC format files. You should be able to rename them.

5. n2rga

n2rga

the issue is not renaming it saving a already loaded template there is no save or version save link or button

6. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

You don't have a problem. The first time you ran v6.8 and it asked you to 'name a file', that was incorrect. It should say 'name a folder' because that is what happened. You created a 'working' folder. Every template you open will be saved there, pretty much automatically. If you want to save it somewhere else, then use a 'Save a version' and it'll let you pick another folder. That first folder you created (as your working folder) should show up on the left menu where you 'pick a template' and you can select that to open the last template you were working on, or select a new one.

Just thought, after that first time where you create the folder, it will ask for a new name when you open an old template. Name it anything you want, it'll work just fine. When you name it, it will save it with the new name and changes in your 'working' folder that you created.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

KD-did likes this.
  7. KD-did

KD-did

NOW, your templates are saved automatically into the folder you named when you first launched the software.

8. n2rga

n2rga

So what you are saying there is no save link and the program automatically saves the template for you. even when exiting?

9. n2rga

n2rga

Thanks Saw the confirmation from KD-did