TLC 5.2 Web 2.0 Edition font question

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by sitedrifter, Aug 9, 2008.

1. sitedrifter

sitedrifter

Just purchased the software and I like it much better then another software package I own. :image28: However, the fonts seem to have a very fine jagged edge (such as with a W) and I cannot find an antialias option anywhere. If the logo is very small it looks fine but when I create one say 500x500 pixels the edges of the fonts are not smooth especially on angles.

Is there an antialias feature I am missing?

Thanks

Sitedrifter

2. KD-did

KD-did

There isn't an antialiasing feature in TLC, however, if you write your text and export it as a Tpng at the level where the text where it still looks its best and you import back onto the canvas you should be able to enlarge it to the size you want. Or you could choose to download a very similar looking font and use it.

Some fonts come with inherent problems that only become obvious at large sizes and ONLY apparent in graphic applications. Perhaps if you understand the process of making fonts you can better understand why there are inherent flaws in some fonts and has very little to do with TLC itself. Each and every font has limitations. they are not created equal
    http://www.jawarts.com/FontBuild.htm

You could always work on a smaller canvas and then convert an exported file to an eps file which would allow you the greatest amount of freedom no matter what size you wanted to go with your logo.

3. gentri80y

gentri80y

Also this software don't have 'Bold' . 'Italic' options. I want to my text in Italic but it don't have feature.

It can be rotated but it's not the look that I want.

4. KD-did

KD-did

You could look on font sites to see if you can download the font in bold or italic separately. Sometimes there just isn't a bold, italic or bold italic options for fonts and sometimes there is.Font downloads don't always come with the entire family bundled together. The font developer decides what is in the zipped font package, they will often allow 1 free font version but the rest are licensed and have to be purchased.And others you have to download them separately.