TLC 5.0 templates in my TLC 6.8 ?

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by Ken Kruger, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Ken Kruger

Ken Kruger

Well I hope I get some response here as it is non existent at your support desk.

I created support ticket 9 days ago

I have TLC 5.0 and TLC 6.8 I want to import or use TLC 5.0 templates in my TLC 6.8 ?
    Thanks
    Ken

2. KD-did

KD-did

Due to engine change the V5 templates will not work with V6 because they are not compatible.

3. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

However, you can take all the graphics from those templates and add a folder to your v6.8 and use those graphics in your v6.8 projects. You may be able to re-create your v5 templates using those graphics. Will take some work . . .

By the way, Marc is a 'one man business'. He does what he can but you picked a time when he and the family were on vacation. However, come on by here anytime and there are several mods and admins that can try and help you out. We're a fairly friendly bunch!

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

All of the LOGO ELEMENTS (Swooshes, stars, orbs, stuff like that wsorks in version 6.8-- they are simple graphics."

1. rename all the old element folders from 5.0 (5.2) I suggest you just add the word OLD to each folder name.
    2. Copy those renamed logo element folders.
    3. Paste them into the Logo elements folder in your Laughingbird document directory.

Just like KD-did and Gunsmoke said: there is no way to "import" old logo templates from earlier versions into versions 6.0 and above of the Logo Creator. I have easily spent five hours trying various "work a rounds" to see if I can "force it to happen, and sadly enough, I couldn't do it.

It really is just what other have said: The software used to make the actual logo creator program changed a bit, and the old version is no longer supported by the company.

I've also tried to use logos from 6.8 in version 5.2: That's a big "no go" ghost rider.

gunsmoke likes this.