TLC #2 Forum?

Discussion in 'FUN and Sharing Forum for Non-Creator stuff' started by newcster68, Apr 16, 2005.

1. newcster68

newcster68

OK....

Here is my dilema. I have my own forum but yet to get my members to contribute to the forum. I think it may be because the site I run is basically the same as only about 300 more forums have on them. There is just to many out there for my members to go elsewhere.

Since I really like creating logos, banners and such I was veering towards changing the whole layout of my site to venture towards a graphics and logos site.

I know .. that would be a big change from where I am at now. I also had the idea to make my forum a sister site to TLC. Any ideas or suggestions? and if so would some of the members from here come and stop in and take a look or even help out as graphic artist and logo makers.

I dont know if there would be any copyright issues if I make the site a TLC2 site. Any Admins or the owner, can u please advise me on this or give me the ok to start this idea up.

Thanks

2. lordzenn

lordzenn

I applaud your effort. I too just started a forum myself geared specifically to Digital Artists, persons who use the web to distribute their art, whether it be music, graphic art, poetry and so on. Ity has been slow going it is not since we started off this week only four members. I started it becausse being a "digital artist" myself I felt that I could provide a forum persons like myself to share their experiences and their work too.

The more avenues toexpose ourselves I think the better. However I am hopeful that it will pan out in the end for rome was nto built in a day.

3. newcster68

newcster68

Thanks for confidence...I am really supprised that I didnt get more replies to my idea. Though, I have begun and here is my forum logo I have created. I think it is my best work yet.

What do you think?

[​IMG]

4. Gravy

Gravy

I would say you are hitting too close to "home" use a peacock or anything else but the parrot. Just my personal opinion. It's great that you want to pay tribute to Marc but you could be a little more original and find your own mascot.

5. newcster68

newcster68

uuum...
    I did look for something else but could not find anything that I liked. A PEACOCK? please..be for real... :)

6. Gravy

Gravy

Just a suggestion Wayne, the parrot is a direct rip off. I would think you could be more creative than to "borrow" someone else's image.

7. newcster68

newcster68

I will look further into it. As you say "Borrow"..? I am not doing such a thing. It may be a parrot but its not the same, not a cartoon character...and i got it off a webpage that has pictures of birds..

8. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

newcster68, can you post the link to the forum or PM me with it? to see what you have going on :clown: :beer: :beer:

9. newcster68

newcster68

I have not finished setting it up yet. Getting close though. Sorry, but work comes first..Im off this Friday and Saturday..so more than likey I will have it up and running by Friday Evening.

When I have it up I will post the site address on here.

Changed my logo a bit and decided to use this one now.

[​IMG]

10. newcster68

newcster68

Alright Im just about there but Im going to go ahead a let you all come on down and start helping the site out if you like.

There forum address is:

http://www.explorrent.com