Tips on Printing with The Business Card Creator

Discussion in 'The Business Card Creator version 4.0' started by Mr Laughingbird, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi there Business Card fans.
    I've created this "getting started" video for you. It will show you how to print using the online printshop -- and will also show you how to print using your own printer.

AND, it'll give you tips on finding other printshops around the globe :D
    Have fun watching it!

2. Annmarie

Annmarie

I'm having some trouble with the printing side of the software!
    I'm in the UK, but the template size does not fit in Vistaprint.co.uk business card size, it's too big! (1260 x 735)
    Am I doing something wrong?
    I have always bought their free cards before but I wanted to design my own instead!
    I looked on their size instructions and it says ...
    Full Bleed Size
    88 x 58 mm
    1040 x 685 pixels

Document Trim Size
    85 x 55 mm
    1004 x 650 pixels

When I click on the print options button and save my design it does not open a Vistaprint window as it says it will do ... 'On the next screen, you'll upload your design to the Printshot for printing' ... is this because I am in the UK?
    Also I have been having problems with the 'shapes' section, only since I bought the add-ons, when i go into it, it freezes everything and I have to force quit!
    Hopefully there's a way to fix all this as it's great software otherwise!!

3. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Business card issue: easy fix: resize the canvas to that dimension. You will have to move the graphics in the templates around a bit. As it now stands the default template size for the business cards cannot be changed so that all the templates automatically open at the slightly smaller size used in the U.K.

NICE TO KNOW:
    When cards are designed, they are given bleeds if color extends to the edge of the finished cut size. (A bleed is the extension of printed lines or colors beyond the line where the paper it is printed on will be cut.) This is to help ensure that the paper will cut without white edges due to very small differences in where the blade cuts the cards, and it is almost impossible to cut the cards properly without. Just being a hair off can result in white lines, and the blade itself will pull the paper while cutting. The image on the paper can also shift from page to page which is called a bounce, which is generally off by a hairline on an offset press, but can be quite large on lower end equipment such as a copier or a duplicator press. Bleeds are typically an extra 3.175 (1⁄8) to 6.35 mm (1⁄4 in) to all sides of the card.

THE SHAPES ISSUE:

There is a bug with the shapes file that comes with the program, but I came up with a fix. You will have to download, and unzip the attached file. The attached shapes file is actually from version 4.0 of The Logo Creator, but works fine.

Here are the instructions:

http://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com...ash-then-cant-save-new-file.10859/#post-68691

KD-did likes this.
  4. Annmarie

Annmarie

Thanks for the reply, pity there can't be an update, just for the uk users to have, to change the size of the business cards, as resizing it and having to check placement etc. all the time is a bit annoying!
    Thanks for the new file, I have installed it, although I can't find the old one to delete so just don't open it!
    Unfortunately I have a new problem, I can't move any element with my mouse just with keys on my keyboard which would take forever! Is there something I have done to cause this as it's only just happened?

5. KD-did

KD-did

Try rebooting your computer but check for a stuck or depressed key first.If a cordless mouse check batteries.​

gcuneo2 likes this.
  6. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

All my keys are pretty happy.....:D