Time restriction for editing

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by 3DS, Jan 6, 2008.

1. 3DS

3DS

I kinda disagree, Randy may be right in the sense that over time editing an older post this may happen. But not on the most part for new and fairly recent posts, which is my concern.

I really, really hate the time restriction of the edit feature on this forum. I often need to edit something immediately or almost immediately, especially if I were to try and explain something in a step-by-step manor, I would need to edit something to MAKE sense. Which is about everytime I post something that needs to be clear and concise for some people to understand a procedure, or just plain bad grammer that needs to be corrected.

And I also get 'timed-out' almost every single time, and that stoopid re-entering sign-in reeks havok by totally removing you from your post and the editing mode altogether and your unfinished, incorrect post is stuck there for all time and there's nothing you can do about it :image27:

It sometimes takes a little extra time to structure a clear understandable post with links, or points of reference(s) or precise step-by-step clarification - and this clearly is the only need for explaination to remove the restriction all by itself.

I really hope the new forum structure will eliminate the edit time restriction.

Either that, or I just may not post any how-to's or explain something anymore, cuz it's getting to be a big hassle.

I am sorry for going on a rant, but I feel that was the place to do it. Back to the addiction of graphic art- haha.

Thanx.

2. Lats

Lats Staff Member

I have just increased the time limit from 10 minutes to 30 - I trust that is sufficient.

With your timed-out problem, are you selecting the 'remember me' option when logging in?

3. Randy...

Randy... Guest

It also was in affect from prior years when designers would post things, then after awhile decide they wanted to remove the image without adding any comments to the post of why they removed it. It was causing havoc to the whole area.

4. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Also, your timing out issue is another issue.

5. 3DS

3DS

Yeah I hear ya Randy thanx. I can understand that happens and can confuse many when people leave gaps from posts being removed w/o explaination. Very true.