This issue common or uncommon?

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by richinri, Aug 17, 2007.

1. richinri

richinri

When I move around the program a lot [2.5], selecting various templates and viewing them - I will experience a lockup. I know flash has its own issues regarding this. Are others experiencing this? I wonder if an option to turn off the active preview would matter?

2. Randy...

Randy... Guest

I have the same issue on my smaller computer with system response (never locked up), but my more beefy unit has no problems. It may be time to upgrade some things on yours too.

3. KD-did

KD-did

For immediate relief from lockups or slow running you might look at what else is also running in the background on your computer at the same time ... graphics are resource piggies so the fewer things running the better off you are.

You might want to "defrag" ( for PC or "repair permission" if you are a Mac) if you haven't done so recently. Also check your system for adware/spyware (PC)if you haven't done so.

4. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Good points KD!

I have my background programs running at a bare minimum and degrag once a month. That, along with 3 adware/spyware packages and a virus scan, all of my computers stay healthy. I learned the hard way of not protecting or cleaning up the systems. Most just get on them and run them without doing any maintenance.

5. KD-did

KD-did

Another step that is often worthwhile to do on a PC is to do a "Disk Cleanup", making sure that the "Temporary Files" box is checked.