This is thread is no longer open. reinstalling V6 and it gives me a trial

Discussion in 'Updating' started by Brando, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brando

Brando

Some time back i was sent a link to a free full version donwload of version 6 for liking laughing-bird on Facebook. I also received and update to version 6.6. I saved these downloads and backed them up.
    Recently i had need to reformat and reinstall all my programs, including Logo creator. BUT now when i click on it to use it, pops up a box that says "Preview mode" and says my preview trial will end on 5-15-2014. I don't get it, Logo creator was working fine prior to the reformat and re installation.
    Additionally if i acknowledge that pop up and i Choose a template, the only choice i have is "my templates"

2. KD-did

KD-did

Not sure what is going on. Did you do a re-download and install of V6? Then re-download and install V6.6 . And are you current with the V6.8 update?

Did you go back and look at your account by looking up your order Or did you do a download of a TRIAL? I heard of there being a trial download.

You had to have V5 on your computer for the update to V6. Is there a chance you didn;t have the older version on your computer so the V6 would run correctly. You can contact Marc.
    https://laughingbirdsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Order Look up
    https://laughingbirdsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201923858-download-
    your-software-or-look-up-a-past-order

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  3. Brando

Brando

what i recall is that by liking laughbird on facebook i would be given a link to a full version of version 6. which is exactly what happened, i was able to install and use v6 for as long as i can recall. After the reformat i found the dowbnloaded installer in my backups( also found and installer for the upgrade to 6.6) . I had version 5 p[reviously purchased at Frys electronics years ago and can not find th packaging. so version 6 is installed "fresh"
    immediatley it reacted the same way, opening the "Preview Mode"

I installed v6 re-started the computer and installed the update ( which, odly enough put a second LC icon on the desktop and seemed to open a seperate program.
    i though perhaps i did something wrong so i unistalled everything with revo and reinstalled v6.
    The first time i opend it, it seemed to work fine, the second time, again, i get a preview mode.
    these were not fresh downloads of installers these were form the downloads i received when i first "liked" laughbird" on facebook.
    Just dont get why it ran fine ( for more than a year i would guess) on the machine, then when i do a fresh install of everything , im getting this "preview mode" that ends in a month ( and doesnt seem to work anyway as it loads only "my templates" which doesnt have anything.

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

This is a long old thread but here is the definitive answer:

When installing the full version the installer see the "laughingbird documents" already there, and stops, thinking "My job here is done". At one time, you had the trial version installed.

TO FIX THIS: RENAME YOUR LAUGHINGBIRD DOCUMENT FOLDER, JUST ADD "OLD" TO IT.

THEN INSTALL THE FULL VERSION.

KD-did likes this.
  5. tedrin

tedrin

My copy no longer works...It keeps freezing...I drag a shape or object into the field and it disappears or the drop down menu doesn't drop down...etc

6. KD-did

KD-did

7. tedrin

tedrin

here is what the post said to do:

Windows Users:
    http://tinyurl.com/new-shapes-Win

To install it, Unzip the file.
    Then, open your Documents folder and look for "Laughingbird Documents > Logo Elements"
    drag this new "Shapes" folder into the Logo Elements folder.

Also - Delete the 'Shapes.db' file.

Questions:

Is the Shapes.db file the same as the shapes file? The description says 4/12/2012 with 3,059 KB

I have no way to open this file to check on what's in there.

Why can't Mark just send us a new copy of the software so we can delete the old version? That fix was in a 2013 thread so it's been buggy for 1.5 years. Shouldn't the newer versions have the fix included?

What about abstract shapes?

Also,how do you delete various templates you don't like?...I wish you could just right click and delete but that doesn't work.

Has there been any additional files that has been added to the Logo Elements folder over the years?..I find that the content is fairly limited..I still haven't developed a good logo after 2 years...lol

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  8. KD-did

KD-did

The files are one and the same.

You are NOT limited to just the TLC as you are able to import images. Add fonts to your system font files which TLC can access.

9. KD-did

KD-did

10. tedrin

tedrin

I'm in the house painting business and I want to make a logo...I might want to add a paint brush but every image I find online has a background attatched to it.

Below is a Logo I found on Vista Print...It's my best so far. Too bad they give you limited options to Edit it.

Attached Files:

11. tedrin

tedrin

Here is something I'd like to work...It just seems kind of bland...Ideally I'd like a logo that has the green background to import to flyers,business cards,my Van etc.

Attached Files:

12. KD-did

KD-did

13. KD-did

KD-did

14. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Down and dirty. If you'd like this template just let me know. Made in just a few minutes with TLC. All royalty free graphics.

ecostar.PNG

15. tedrin

tedrin

Thanks..nice first effort.

I still like the Vista Print logo best.(above)... I just wish I could change the size of the font and color of the brush they provided.

16. KD-did

KD-did

Desktop--viewlogo.png What color do you want it?

17. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

ecostar2.PNG

Not perfect. Needs a little editing and centering.

18. KD-did

KD-did

text paint.jpg Use image editor to color.
    paint roller logo.png

19. tedrin

tedrin

Nice work fellas!...You're both very talented

20. tedrin

tedrin

It says to unzip this shapes file (http://tinyurl.com/new-shapes-Win) and paste it into Logo Elements folder...I did that but it is a file folder and the rest are DB files...I'm concerned about deleting the shapes.db file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.