this is simple but can't seem to do it... how do I "edit" the copy in existing logo?

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by ctabor, Jun 18, 2008.

1. ctabor

ctabor

I opened the logo creator file...
    It says at the top... "To edit text, click on some text below"...

I click on it and can't seem to do anything with it. :(
    I want to delete a character and add a space between the words. Why can't I do that?

After that, in the space I've created I want to add what would appear to be a "superscript" number 3. Any advice on how to do that? How do I create and additional text box, make the 3 with the same characteristics as the other type and then place it there?

Here is my file... I want to make the "3" superscripted.
    I tried to upload the source file here but its too large for the forum.

Here is a jpg of what it looks like now.
    I have to change the font of MaxNews per client, but you get the picture. I need to make the "3" a superscript.

Any help or feedback appreciated. Thanks!
    Christine
    :image25:

Attached Files:

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Christine!

Nice logo. I like it.

Here's what I would do for your 'superscript' issue:

Click on the "MaxNews" text. Choose "Duplicate logo element from the MODIFY menu (or hit CTRL + D, or Command + D on the Mac). This will duplicate your text and style.

Next, click on the new duplicated text. Choose the "Text" tab in the top panel, type in a "3" and hit "Edit text".

Now you can resize the 3 to your liking. A "fake" superscript :D

Hope this helps some!

- Marc

3. ctabor

ctabor

Mark, thanks for reply but not clear on one thing

OK, except for the fact I want the superscript 3 in the line BELOW MaxNews, I think I can follow those directions overall.

However, how do I edit the line The Performax3 Newsletter?
    I couldn't get rid of the 3 to save my life!

I wanted to change the text to read
    The Performax Newsletter (deleting the 3 and adding some space between Performax and Newsletter)

Then I could go back and add in the superscript 3.

But I couldn't figure out how to edit my existing text. :(
    Help!

It seems like you are saying to type the edit first, THEN click in EDIT text... perhaps I was doing it backwards?

4. KD-did

KD-did

You should be able to fully edit any and all elements and text in TLC. Check and see if all the elements of your logo are unlocked.

5. littlegiant

littlegiant

Yes exactly. This stumped me as well to the point where I thought the software wasn't working. What you do is you click on the text in the logo template to bring up the text in the Element Setter. Then you change the text in the Element Setter. Then you click on the 'Edit Current Text' button to update the logo template with your new text.

Quite frankly --and with all due respect-- I find the 'Edit Current Text' label on the button counterintuitive. It should be called 'Refresh' or 'Update' or something like that. Naming it 'Edit Current Text' gives the impression that you start by clicking on that button and then you proceed from there.

6. KD-did

KD-did

Your suggestion is a very good one it would make it a little more obvious to TLC users.

7. Nickydude

Nickydude MadLad Designs

Here's a screenshot of what littlegiant was saying.

Attached Files:

8. Darell

Darell

Some things we just have to learn the hard way.

Sounds as if several of us have had the same or similar problem. I also had some problems when I wanted to create more text and it kept replacing the text I wanted to keep. I found that if I clicked on an image and then went back to text it worked fine. I have also found some templates that have text super imposed on top of text and began to think I couldn't delete the text or something was wrong with the software. After I deleted enough times I finally got rid of the unwanted text.:image24-1:Have a GREAT day